How to Install Plugins ×

Gradient Mapping

pyrochild

48 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

I noticed this with the release of paint.net 4.3.1.  I reported it here.  Rick's answer is below mine.

I probably missed this moment or forgot about it.  hi.gif

32 minutes ago, Pixey said:

now 4.3.3

4.3.3 isn't out yet.  Maybe this issue is only affecting some people.  🙂

Hello guys; I have a quescion too. Yes Gradient Mapping working but effects don't loading / working. Also effects were same in 2 folders one paint.net UserFiles\Effect Presets\Gradients Mapping and other one  paint.net UserFiles\Effect Preset\System.Private.CoreLib. Then i deleted paint.net UserFiles\Effect Preset\System.Private.CoreLib folder but result again same. Don't working? I couldnt find Why!

Edited by user.by

2 hours ago, user.by said:

Yes Gradient Mapping working but effects don't loading / working.

Probably by the word effects you mean presets with an extension .xml?

From which source did you download Gradient Mapping.dll?

1 hour ago, ReMake said:

Probably by the word effects you mean presets with an extension .xml?

From which source did you download Gradient Mapping.dll?

Beforehand it was normal, i can load to .xml files but now pluging working not problem, it's just not load .xml files.

Ekran görüntüsü 2021-11-08 132349.jpg

Edited by user.by

@user.by  Put your .xml files in the 'Sysytem.Private.CoreLib' folder (as I stated above).  Then they will appear in the drop-down menu.

36 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

@user.by  Put your .xml files in the 'Sysytem.Private.CoreLib' folder (as I stated above).  Then they will appear in the drop-down menu.

I got it, i was using as GradientMapping.dll and GradientMapping folder then i gave space to Gradient Mapping.dll and Gradient Mapping folder, then reason resolved.

Ekran görüntüsü 2021-11-08 132657.jpg

Edited by user.by
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Exception details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. (Parameter 'index')
   at pyrochild.effects.common.Gradient.SetPosition(Int32 index, Double position)
   at pyrochild.effects.common.GradientControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Both PDN and the plugins installed fresh today. GM keeps crashing if I tweak it for too long. Me or the plugin?

25 minutes ago, Koda said:

Both PDN and the plugins installed fresh today

Hello @Koda and welcome to the forum :)

Please tell us how you downloaded the Plugin?  Installer or Zip File?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

Hello @Koda and welcome to the forum :)

Please tell us how you downloaded the Plugin?  Installer or Zip File?

I did it via the installer from the list of packs in this forum. I have been using PDN for sometime and the GM started to crash every once in a while. That and because my effects folder was really bloated I deleted and uninstalled everything. I had the most recent 5.something before the purge. Then I reinstalled and got the top packs from the list. You know.. Bolt, Pyro, Madjik.. the usual suspects

Just now, Koda said:

I did it via the installer from the list of packs in this forum. I have been using PDN for sometime and the GM started to crash every once in a while. That and because my effects folder was really bloated I deleted and uninstalled everything. I had the most recent 5.something before the purge. Then I reinstalled and got the top packs from the list. You know.. Bolt, Pyro, Madjik.. the usual suspects

And for clarity: it crashes when I start tweaking the color positions in the top bar (or add new ones etc.)

6 minutes ago, Koda said:

And for clarity: it crashes when I start tweaking the color positions in the top bar (or add new ones etc.)

So, it's been reported that @pyrochild's Plugins are playing up and he has not been around for a while.

However, I've tried 'tweaking' the colors using Gradient Mapping and it's not crashing.  It may be helpful for you to post your Diagnostics so that the Admin could take a look at what may be the trouble.  It's not a guarantee though.

Just post the Diagnostics from here:

Diagnostics-5-0-2.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Koda said:

The relevant part is in my first post.

Well, is it still crashing?  No one else has reported this, so it must be your computer.  If you don't give us any more information, then we can't help.

30b8T8B.gif

On 2/7/2024 at 7:13 AM, Pixey said:

If you don't give us any more information, then we can't help.

Just this^. The plugin was published in 2007. If it hasn't been updated, it probably won't be. Without the requested information there is little we can do.

• Upvote 1