How to Install Plugins ×

Gradient Mapping

pyrochild

Thank you @NN, @BB and @Pyro for your assistance :pizza::beer::cake: .

I gave up, after hours of trying to 'weed-out' plugins to make sure they were current, and took @BB's advice and  deleted the whole lot!  I now have 3 plugins:

Gradient Mapping, Liquify and Smudge.  Happily Gradient Mapping is now working.  I will watch what I add now, like a hawk, and hope the problem does not re-occur.

So in effect, I'm kind of naked now in the Effects folder emoticon-cute-002.gif 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

A lot of the plugin packs are all current Pixey, Pyrochilds pack all works, Redochres pack works too with v4+ too. I have a few old plugins that still function too :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

OK - it's Imgur Uploader that is making Gradient Mapping go awry.  As soon as I inserted it into Effects, it causes the same problem to happen.  Do I need to post this  in the Imgur Uploader thread?  I have checked and have used his latest version.  Strange thing is that it's still working fine on my lap top :roll: .  This is so frustrating as I use Imgur Upload a lot and also Gradient Mapping.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :/

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Imgur Uploader was recently updated. Did you download the newest version?

Imgur Uploader was recently updated. Did you download the newest version?

Yes @EER - am using the recent version and it's working - only thing is, on my HP computer, it's clashing with Gradient Mapping.  Not so on my laptop which is not HP :roll:

Thanks @Pyro - I tried it and it works fine without Imgur.  Once Imgur is added to the Effects folder, it crashes again.  But, Imgur is working fine and I actually used it to show you

the crash below.

http://i.imgur.com/QjdzUyN.png

30b8T8B.gif

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to take a map of one type and replace another map with it? Specifically, I have a cloud-like pattern, and I'd like to transfer the mapping of the colour to the alpha layer, so that the darker pixels would be more transparent than the lighter pixels.

• 1 year later...

Update:

- Fixed color window showing alpha = 0 when a color is opaque black

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

On 5/28/2016 at 11:52 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Bug report: An empty string in the "Save current as preset..." dialog will crash paint.net.

Fixed

Gradient Mapping is now also on GitHub!

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

• 8 months later...

Update!

• New: saving a preset includes all settings in the dialog
  • Fix ArgumentOutOfRangeException when getting too wild with the gradient handles
  • Fix crash on loading a bad file
  • Fix transparent color if nodes overlap
  • Fix: Default preset would sometimes remember changes made while it was active
  • Fix crash if spread or reverse functions are used with 1 or 0 colors

Installer:

• New: now supports installing plugins for Window Store version of paint.net
  • New: add option to start paint.net after successful installation
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 year later...

Hello @pyrochild I have noticed that since v4.1.5 the Gradient Mapping is acting differently.

This is with v4.1.5:

https://ttprivatenew.s3.amazonaws.com/pulse/nalsop-live/attachments/11203235/TinyTake06-08-2019-02-09-15.mp4

And now it no longer keeps the Preserve Alpha box checked:

https://ttprivatenew.s3.amazonaws.com/pulse/nalsop-live/attachments/11203375/TinyTake06-08-2019-02-28-06.mp4

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey, take a look at the xml file of your preset (in any text editor). In the line

<Gradient xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... Offset="0" Wrap="true" LockAlpha="false">

replace LockAlpha="false" to LockAlpha="true"  and save this file.

Hi @ReMake thanks for your response.  I can't figure out how to "open" the .cs file.  I've gone to:

This PC -  Documents - Paint.net User Files - Effect Presets - Gradient Mapping - but all that's in there are the .xml's themselves 😲

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey, you should open in any text editor .xml-file with the name of your gradient preset.

Another option is to select a preset, check the Preserve Alpha check box, and then save that preset with the same or a different name.

I finally figured out how to open one of them 🤗 but I don't see the part where I can change it to LockAlpha="true"   All I see is this:

xml.png

30b8T8B.gif

Replace line:

<Gradient xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

with line:

<Gradient xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" LockAlpha="true">

Note the space between the quotes and LockAlpha - it must be present.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I noticed that the presets for Gradient Mapping were previously save at ..\paint.net UserFiles\Effect Presets\Gradients Mapping. In paint.net version 4.3.2 presets are saved at ..\paint.net UserFiles\Effect Preset\System.Private.CoreLib. Is this a typo in the folder name?

Edited by ReMake

When the plugin builds the directory path, it uses Assembly.CodeBase for the Effect Name.

Since Assembly.CodeBase may not work as expected in .NET 5, the plugin will need to be updated.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

@ReMake  I noticed this with the release of paint.net 4.3.1.  I reported it here.  Rick's answer is below mine.  For now, I just move the gradient I want to use into the 

4 hours ago, ReMake said:

System.Private.CoreLib   Folder