How to Install Plugins ×

Twistz (or Twist +) ymd:100718

MadJik

Twistz (or Twist+) Effect Plugin

twitz.jpg

What's this?

Twistz: Z for zoom...

Based directly on the source code of effect Twist from Paint.net (source vers. 3.10)...

Just an idea to implement in a next Paint.net version...

I was wondering why the twist effect is only working on a centered circle without effecting the edges of the image.

Having a look at the source, I decided to add a zoom level to this effect.

This is the same as the Twist effect with one more slider:

__Zoom level (1 to 200, default=100).

If the zoom is 100, the twist works as the original version.

If the zoom is lower then the rendered image is emphased.

If the zooom is higher then the image is reduced (background image remains).

Try it !

This plugin is added to the menu Effects, submenu Distort.

Download the DLL

Plugin TwistZ.dll

ar.pngHere is the DLLal.png

The MadJik's All plugins package is available !
http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=7186

How to install

Close Paint.net

Classic version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects

Microsoft Store version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: /My Documents/paint.net App Files/Effects/

You have to adapt for your language My Documents

The User Interface

twistz_UI.png

One request: When you use twist or "twist +" with selections, it uses the entire pic to detect the center. Can there be a checkbox for using the whole twist only on a part of the image? (I mean that the center of the twist is not in the center of the entire picture but in the center of the selection.)

I could imagine there are problems when the selection is rather complex, but developers are used to fight, aren't they...?

Another option would just be to make the center of the twist moveable (x/y axis).

One request: When you use twist or "twist +" with selections, it uses the entire pic to detect the center. Can there be a checkbox for using the whole twist only on a part of the image? (I mean that the center of the twist is not in the center of the entire picture but in the center of the selection.)

I could imagine there are problems when the selection is rather complex, but developers are used to fight, aren't they...?

Another option would just be to make the center of the twist moveable (x/y axis).

Um, thats 2 requests... :roll:

Just messin'! :D

Anyway, I was just writing basically the same thing...

@Madjik, Nice effect. Nice name. 'TwistZ' fits, but to claim 'Twist+' it seems like you have a WIP on your hands...:wink:

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

EDIT:It's now using the center of the selection instead the center of the image.

As it is still a 3 sliders UI (standard in PDN) it is easier to adapt. To add a check box will change a lot of code lines...

When you put the zoom up the entire picture is zoomed in and replaced over the image. If anything, I think there should be a checkbox, or just make it so, the image is removed behind the square thats zoomed.

Example:

th_twistz_example.png

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

EDIT:It's now using the center of the selection instead the center of the image.

As it is still a 3 sliders UI (standard in PDN) it is easier to adapt. To add a check box will change a lot of code lines...

Wow, that was fast. You'll get the Fisherman's Friend Price for fantastic plugin development, I think. :D

I appreciated your work long before I joint the forum, and this is another wonderful dll for my effects folder. Thank you very much! :D

Thank you all for good comments...
...Is it possible to add "Radius" control as in Twist radius?

I don't see what you are telling about!

You could make a selection first to choose a 'radius'.

What I was asking is, if twistZ can twist the whole canvas(rectangle).

It will only twist from top to bottom, left and right have some area not twisted.

Using zoom will make it blurry.

If it's not clear or you don't think it will work well, then never mind :P

Either way, nice plugin :)

Thanks!

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Perfect! Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for something that will let me easily, without messing with selection, twist something from a certain spot on the canvas.

Twist Blur Deluxe...?

Pardon?

Are you saying there is an actual plug-in that will let me do that, or are you just speculating about the name?

Perfect! Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for something that will let me easily, without messing with selection, twist something from a certain spot on the canvas.

Twist Blur Deluxe...?

Pardon?

Are you saying there is an actual plug-in that will let me do that, or are you just speculating about the name?

Sorry, just speculating about the name. Both Zoom Blur Deluxe and Radial Blur Deluxe have awesome functionality and UIs, and that's what your quote reminded me of. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Something to pique your curiosity ...

*waits anxiously*

I really want ... that centering ability ... with stuff ... omg *shakes* :X

lol...

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png