PDF import into Paint.net

Warwick

huh ?, Paint.NET is a image editor not a word processor.

So how would you inport a file made for a word processor into a program made for image editing / Is there a image editor that can do this and why ?

Your questions makes me ask questions as I don't understand why you like to take a PDF file and inport it to a image editor. Could you just do a print screen (Alt+Print Screen gives you just the window program window) of the PDF file and then past it into Paint.NET ?

Actually HITMAN, even though PDF is portable document format, it's also a fairly powerful vector graphics file format. It's very versatile.

Warwick - To answer the original question, no, there is no way to import a PDF. You can print-screen, or save it as a different image file.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I use a combination of Autocad and Sketchup to create architectural models and then do a bit of cleaning up in Paint Shop Pro. I have just come across Paint.Net and am impressed with it and have loaded it up at home. The long and short of it is it is easy for me to get PDF's out of Autocad and it would be handy to directly import it into Paint.Net. PSP and Photoshop both do this. I can go through the extra step of converting PDF to JPG but if I didn't have to I wouldn't. If nobody else is interested in this I will leave the programming gurus alone and they can get on with improving this program with features the majority of people want.

Actually HITMAN, even though PDF is portable document format, it's also a fairly powerful vector graphics file format. It's very versatile.

Warwick - To answer the original question, no, there is no way to import a PDF. You can print-screen, or save it as a different image file.

Cool I did not know that. I always though of it as being a document editor for making things like manuals.

• 1 year later...

I would also be interested in this if possible mainly as I am looking to manipulate many pdf's used as blueprints for a paperless system and would like to do custom modifications to them and acrobat is not very user friendly in the editing department in my opinion. Thank you

No necroposting. Besides, that's not what Paint.NET is designed for.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.