How to Install Plugins ×

ScriptLab

pyrochild

This plugin won't work in the newest version of Paint.net (Alpha Release build 3.20.2865.28203) at least not for me. Had no problems with ScripLab before I updated PDN :cry:

Here's the error return:

[...]

I really like this plugin ... hope we can figure out a fix.

Pyrochild is waiting for the final release to fix the code.

Unless you particularly like lots of things crashing on you, you should probably stick to Final release version of software. If you don't mind a few annoyances, go ahead with betas, but complaining about things not working in alphas is like walking across a bonfire and then complaining that it hurt your feet. It's just silly. david's right, I have already worked out the issues with ScriptLab, but since PdN 3.20 is still an alpha, things are likely to change and break it again, causing a nightmare of headaches for the users, not to mention myself.

In short, you're gonna have to wait. Probably till the final release. Maybe just the beta, if you're lucky...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Pyrochild is waiting for the final release to fix the code.

Thank you ... I feel better already!

RTSig004.jpg

PDNUsebar001.jpg

"Rule 9) Be courteous to others. Constructive criticism is generally welcome and encouraged. Starting fights and being rude is not."

Constructive criticism does not include abuse.

Tact \tâkt\ n

Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.

It's probably already been said but this would be great for peoples tutorials such as the Fire effect. As well as writing the tutorial they could include a script for running through ScriptLab to achieve the effect. I mean you wont learn by using a script but it's an idea.

We (he allowed me to be a beta tester) actually thought of releasing it with a script that did the Fire effect. Problem was, it requires work on separate layers, which the effect API for Paint.NET won't allow the plugin to do.

If you can figure out a way, we'd love to see it, though :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

That is correct. A plugin is only given the pixels in your selection (if active) on the currently selected layer to work on.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

It's probably already been said but this would be great for peoples tutorials such as the Fire effect. As well as writing the tutorial they could include a script for running through ScriptLab to achieve the effect. I mean you wont learn by using a script but it's an idea.

That was actually the first thing I tried to attempt with this plugin...hopefully we'll have access to layers soon! :)

:shock: I ignored this for quite awhile because I just figured it was something that would soar over my head. Oh the wasted minutes! [hangs head in shame] How wrong I was for ignoring a plugin because it has a technical sounding name... (The "Script" part had me thinking it would be more... you know, programmer oriented.)

This gem AND Curves+?! I think it's safe to call you a genius.

How about adding the option to import the undo history to the scriptlab. So if you didn't something nice, you can simply import the undo history and save it as a script.

• 4 weeks later...

I try to use it, but every time I do Paint.net tells me there's a plug-in error and asks if I want to restart.

I restart, but it still doesn't work. :(

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Pyro hasn't released the new version for v3.20 yet. :-)

*cough*

:-)

Sorry for the delay on this and my other plugins that aren't working in 3.20. Should be up sometime today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Well, at least the other plugins I'm updating should be. ScriptLab... well, it might take an extra day or two.

xZYt6wl.png

Updated. Compatible with Paint.NET 3.20.

Several bugfixes, including

Bug/Quirk?

Repro:

Go through the first 3 steps of my Snowflake tut.

Load the included *.sls file into ScriptLab. Quickly now, hit 'OK' on the ScriptLab dialog before preview renders. Everything in the top area should look fine but the bottom portion of canvas will have distorted/brighter snowflakes.

/Blatant self-promoting masked in concern for the PdN community...

xZYt6wl.png

BUG:

every time i go to save i get a message saying "error saving script" i still have the file but when i put it in effects and restart it, it is no where to be seen :x . i downloaded this from the thread with all of your plugins so sorry if it has been changed here.

plz help me.

Sparrow.

siggy.png

every time i go to save i get a message saying "error saving script" i still have the file but when i put it in effects and restart it, it is no where to be seen :x . i downloaded this from the thread with all of your plugins so sorry if it has been changed here.

The thread with all of my plugins will always have the latest versions, so that's not the problem.

What version of Paint.NET are you using?

Where are you trying to save the script?

i still have the file but when i put it in effects and restart it, it is no where to be seen
Wait.... are you saying you're trying to put the script file in the Effects folder? SLS aren't Paint.NET plugins; you have to use ScriptLab to load them. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

xZYt6wl.png

Pyro, I have a suggestion/request based on the conversation going on in this thread

Would you be able to add check boxes that control which channels are modified by the effects selected?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Good idea. But checkboxes are for pansies. I'll 1-up you...

xZYt6wl.png

For some reason, Scriptlab isn't showing up, period. There isn't an Advanced tab under effects or anywhere on Paint.net.

Nevermind, updated PDN and it works now. Nice plugin Pyro, now I have macros!