How to Install Plugins ×

ScriptLab

pyrochild

So I searched the forum, and I believe someone had this issue before, but did not see a solution. Scriptlab crashes saying there is a key already there or something to that effect. I have a portable version I installed later, in which it works. when I tried to load a script, it said error loading script.

Any suggestions on how to fix these errors?

Thanks in advance.

Startreksuite

I tried the woodfloor one and initially it seemed OK. I  loaded the script into Scriptlab without a problem and all the various effects were listed but when I clicked on `OK'. to finish I got an Unhandled error and had to close down PDN. Luckily I did not have anything else I was working on loaded at the time or all my progress would have been lost.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 6 months later...

I love this nifty add-in also, but I want to know if the scripts I create can be loaded somewhere under an Effects sub-menu so I can just click on a script name to make it do its thing???

Otherwise I have to click on Scriptlab, then load my script, then exit Scriptlab each time I want to use any of my scripts - right?

Ketchup Kid

You can't save your scripts into sub menus, you need to do as you say - open scriptlab and then load up the script that you saved to your user files. You could put them into sub menus in your documents folder and then load one up from there though ;)

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

• 5 months later...

Im getting this error:

File: D:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ScriptLab.dll
      Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab
      Full error message: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ConfigDialog..ctor()
   at pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab.CreateConfigDialog()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 799

It ask me to restart paint net whenever i go to effects advanced and click on scriptlab.

Even if i try opening again paint net without doing anything before.

My system:

Paint net 3.5.11

Windows 7 64bit

Edited by userwords

• 1 month later...

Im getting this error:

File: D:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ScriptLab.dll
      Full error message: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 799

It ask me to restart paint net whenever i go to effects advanced and click on scriptlab.

Even if i try opening again paint net without doing anything before.

My system:

Paint net 3.5.11

Windows 7 64bit

Fixed.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 6 months later...

This cannot be done.  Paint.net's developer limits access to these areas.  They are off limits to plugins.

If you're after powerful batch processing try IrFanView.

• 1 month later...

Been getting an error as of the most recent version of paint dot net (v4.0.3)

Windows 8, 64-bit

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ScriptLab.dll
      Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.PdnInfo' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=4.3.5316.40022, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at pyrochild.effects.common.CommonUtil.GatherEffects()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 910

xhin.png

• 11 months later...

I was planning on writing a very similar if not identical plugin, luckily I've discovered in time that this has existed for years before I started with my own implementation.

I'm wondering, is this still actively maintained and would you be open for one or two suggestions? I admint, I haven't read through all 14 pages, to see if they were already posted, in that case, I apologize.

1. I think it would be great I we had the option to set a default file/folder to which the scripts could be saved with a simple click without opening a SaveFileDialog and a third column in the UI where the scripts from the default folder would be displayed and could be loaded with a simple double click or something without the need for a OpenFileDialog. Of course, a button/menu entry to export/save to and load from to save and load to/from a location supplied by a file dialog (as it is now) should still be present.

2. When adding/modifying an effect, a preview would be great.

(3. This would require some work I think and I'm not sure if the usefulness would be worth the cost (development time): The Option to save a script to the effects menu (via dynamic assembly generation). And as the saved script would only show up in the menus after restarting paint.net, this could be irritating to users. (And adding it to the menu right away is not allowed))

edit: I actually forgot my most important suggestion: An option make a property value of numeric types relative to image properties such as width or height. Example of what I mean:

If I add an effect to a script while an image with the dimension 1000x1000 was open and choose the value for some integer property to be 10 and also select the proposed option to make this property to be relative to the image with, then this integer properties actual value would be set to 20 if the script is run on a different image of size 2000x2000.

Edited by ArgusMagnus

My batch Image Processor: https://imagenator.codeplex.com

I'm guessing the answer is no, since this seems to be closed source, but I'll aks anyway:

If you provided me with the source (indirect question), would I be allowed to make the changes myself and publish the modified version?

I don't now when, but I will be needing the mentioned functionality sometimes in the future as part of another plugin Im planning

My batch Image Processor: https://imagenator.codeplex.com

• 4 weeks later...

1 - default script location and a list in the UI - Good idea

2 - dyanmic previews - Also a good idea. I think there was some reason it can't do this, but it's been a long time! I'll take a look.

3 - saving scripts to paint.net Effects menu - This is probably not gonna happen.

4 - effect properties relative to image properties - I don't think this would be possible without a major rewrite.

5 - open source - Maybe someday

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have some trouble with ScriptLab : I can't use the effect Levels in ScriptLab. When I try to, the loading bar goes instantly to 2/3 and never moves.

Then I try to click "OK" or "Cancel" and Paint.NET have to restart everytime.

All the over effects I tried work instantly. I tried to wait several minutes, but without success.

I run the version : "paint.net v4.0.9 (Final 4.9.5848.30436)". (I tried with the older version v4.0.3, the same).

Does Levels work for other people ?

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

Updated

- Works with Levels effect

- Can script another ScriptLab instance. I don't know why you would want to do this, but now you can. Scriptception!

- Fixed progress bar not filling for certain effects like Red Eye Removal (effects using SingleRenderCall)

- Changes begin rendering as soon as the currently rendering effect can be cancelled instead of waiting for the whole script to render before starting over

- Fixed some crashes when moving/changing effects while rendering

- Cancel now cancels as soon as possible instead of waiting for the whole script to finish (or hanging Paint.NET...)

- OK no longer rerenders the whole script

- Fixed some load errors while loading scripts w/ missing effects

- Load/save errors now show detailed exceptions for easier troubleshooting

- Fixed color window showing alpha = 0 when a color is opaque black

- Misc performance improvements

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends, I have for you a minor update to fix some major bugs:

- Fixed: Clicking in the Available list when there are no results for the search term would crash the plugin

- Fixed: Clicking Cancel while rendering would sometimes hang Paint.NET

Hooray

xZYt6wl.png