How to Install Plugins ×

Fractal Mandelbrot - Updated 09/15/2007

moc426

Here is the promised fractal plugin, this is the Mandelbrot function.

Fractal.zip

NOTE: I did not write the Mandelbrot function, the function is taken directly from the CodeLab sample. The function was converted from CodeLab to C#. Would like to do same for Julia function sometime and perhaps follow up with other types. Julia function is a sample in CodeLab as well so that shouldn't be a problem to setup.

I didn't get to test it too much, and it probably needs some things. So you tell me, I know already it should have reset buttons especially for the x and y offsets cause their value is much more than needed.

update 9/10/2007 download same zip below

Added color sliders, red, green, blue and alpha. you have to mess around with it to get color as you want.

Added new image below.

update 9/15/2007

Added reset buttons to individual settings.

Fixed tab indexes.

Lowered up/down increments for offsetX and offsetY to .01 instead of .02.

So here we go, a screenshot. Enjoy!

mandelbrot.png

Here is an image I made using this.

I was asked about this image a few times, so here is a tutorial that should help. tutorial

unknown10.png

and another

mandelbrot2.png

Edited by toe_head2001
Fixed broken download and broken images

cool one :)

can u make the X/Y Offset more sensitiv?

not X,XX make it like this X,XXX oder X,XXXX this would be nice :PaintBrushTool:

a preview function will beu usefull, - u sea the pic, an there is a "box" which shows the cut out of it, which is shown in de pic would be nice

Anubre_sigi2.png

Welcome all. I will see about fixing the offsets later.

Added new picture.

Yata, the idea is to have more fractal types so it is getting its own menu. I am sure if it belongs in render, unless I can do a

render -> fractal -> mandelbrot, then it would be nice. Not sure if I can. But if people want it in render, I can move it so let me know what you guys want. Render or Fractal

Please, oh please put this in the render sub menu!

Otherwise, fantastic plugin. Thank you!

Shorter the list - Happier the Yata :wink:

The shorter the list the happier the me. ;)

Yeah, stick it in render, I've got loads of plugins & there's a little arrow at the bottom of my effects menu already.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

But if people want it in render, I can move it so let me know what you guys want. Render or Fractal

I agree with Yata and vote for render. Just rename the plugin, e.g. "Fractal: Mandelbrot". It will look like this: Render -> Fractal: Mandelbrot.

And I would be glad to see more fractals. I tried to make plugins from the cs scripts, but didn't found the time and knowledge, therefore I'm lucky to see this now.

And thank you, it's nice. :)

Can we have the source code for it, well, the edited source code anyways, I might try and have a look at it and improve it.

And also, can you create more than 3 sliders in Code Lab?

Maybe once you have more fractals (or maybe even once you have two) you could do an MKT and have the different 'modes' under one roof. MKT has |Sphere|Cylinder|Box| you could have |Mandelbrot|Julia|....|? This will shorten space, free up menu item real-estate and also just incase, for example, you want Julia but accidentally go for Mandelbrot you can easily switch without having to close the dialog and climb through all those menus again.

If not, Render sounds good :).

Ok updated to render submenu.

And fixed up/down increments for offset, the slider does a full integer so it skips a lot, in this case the up/down arrows are best suited.

Myrddin, good idea.

Edit, will post source later, but I may not have time to look at this until next week.

Wow, awesome! Can't wait to use this. I second Myrddin's idea; menu monkey bars are tough, and MKT's solution is easy. For me, at least :-)

Anyway, I am super-excited about this plugin!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Excellent first fractal plugin for PDN. can't wait for a broader variety. :D

Although it would be nice to have other colors, I find Hue, Saturation to be an easy fix for a blue :cry: fractal

pdnsig1wt8.jpg

scroll down and anything can happen...

Awesome! Thanks moc! :D

And I'm a fan of the "render -> fractal -> mandelbrot" idea that was tossed around. As well as just having "render -> fractal" and being able to change the type of fractal inside the plugin.

And I'm a fan of the "render -> fractal -> mandelbrot" idea that was tossed around.

I don't think "subs in subs" are possible.

And I'm a fan of the "render -> fractal -> mandelbrot" idea that was tossed around.

I don't think "subs in subs" are possible.

I don't think so either, but thought I'd at least mention it in case it is there (or might be there in the future...? :)).