Justified Font Text

DarkShock

Notice how Microsoft Word has four different ways to set up your text; align left, align right, center, and justified.

Is it possible to make the text justified in Paint.net?

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Yes. Select the text tool, write with it, then just use the align buttons on the top toolbar.

There is no way to have the text justified though.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

This is not possible because there is no bounding box -- implicitely or explicitely defined -- within which to fit the text in to.

Maybe it's stupid... via selection?

• 1 year later...

I've been wondering about this since I was making a book cover. Would it be possible to have text (or objects, even) in a selected area and write a plug-in that then evenly spaces them horizontally? I guess you'd have to make it so that it selects anything that's not the background (so, say write the text in a layer with no background colour), then any groups of objects that are less than a user-determined distance apart are grouped as words (spacing between letters in a word being smaller than spaces between words). These blocks are then spaced evenly within the selected area, except at the sides of that area.

Anyone know how that could be written? I haven't the foggiest idea how to write a plug-in...