Forum has been UPGRADED to phpBB 3 -- post "bugs" here

Rick Brewster

The Google Web Accelerator also causes you to log out (and it's for all web browsers). All you need to do is click on the speedometer, and click "Don't accelerate this website".

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Annoying: Can't attach .SLS files.... Have to ZIP 'em... :'(

OK, it's actually not a big deal. I don't know if you can change that Rick, but if you can and it's easy and you have a bit of free time, I'd appreciate it.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Annoying: Can't attach .SLS files.... Have to ZIP 'em... :'(

OK, it's actually not a big deal. I don't know if you can change that Rick, but if you can and it's easy and you have a bit of free time, I'd appreciate it.

You can't from what I can see...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

but do you login with your user name ?, If not then it don't matter how often you come on as it only keeps track of the last time you were logged in.

^ Forget that it says the same thing for me and I login everyday.

The Google Web Accelerator also causes you to log out (and it's for all web browsers). All you need to do is click on the speedometer, and click "Don't accelerate this website".

Yeah that's my problem... lol. Thanks. :P

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

I don't think forumer well let you as they don't want virus or anything like that. But I know you can with a self hosted version.
No, you can't. I have a self-hosted version, and there's no such option on the administrator's panel.

Whoops, I'm incorrect.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I don't think forumer well let you as they don't want virus or anything like that. But I know you can with a self hosted version.

No, you can't. I have a self-hosted version, and there's no such option on the administrator's panel.

You A) have an old version of phpBB 3.0.x

B) A bad install of phpBB 3.0.x

C) A non self hosted version ( Which I don't think so as you said your paying a webhost to give you space and full control over your website and SQL databases)

You go to your Administrator's Control Panel and then to Attachment. Under Attachment you go to Manage Extensions and start adding the filestypes you want. Just don't forget to make a extension group.

You can see the phpBB 3.0 video tutorial on this here

You go to your Administrator's Control Panel and then to Attachment. Under Attachment you go to Manage Extensions and start adding the filestypes you want. Just don't forget to make a extension group.

Well, I'll be! My apologies.

I'm not sure if this is a bug of such, but it is very annoying.

Why, before the spam attack, did it take 5 seconds (at the most) to load up, why does it now take up to half a minute?

Right after the forum update, the response time was the same. But it is true, that in the last two weeks, or so, the forum has become annoyingly slow. I don’t think it is Ricks doing, but the forum host is to blame.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I have a bug: At the top left of the page it says my last visit was September 11th, 2007. I find that odd because im on here almost everyday, if not a few times a day. :?

I've the same problem. But my computer is turned off every night (as me). At the same time the list of the new posts is still growing day after day, meaning 'new' post from last week/month are still in this list of 9 pages now...

I have a bug: At the top left of the page it says my last visit was September 11th, 2007. I find that odd because im on here almost everyday, if not a few times a day. :?

I've the same problem. But my computer is turned off every night (as me). At the same time the list of the new posts is still growing day after day, meaning 'new' post from last week/month are still in this list of 9 pages now...

SOLVED!

I've always closed IE, and never logged out. With the previous phpBB, I was automaticaly logged out!

I'm not sure if this is considered a "bug" or not and I have no idea what "phpBB3" means, but it is taking me about 30 seconds to open each page in the forum now. It's only in the last few weeks that this started so maybe its my system and has nothing to do with Paint.net. It's only slow like this in Paint.net though.

I'm not sure if this is considered a "bug" or not and I have no idea what "phpBB3" means, but it is taking me about 30 seconds to open each page in the forum now. It's only in the last few weeks that this started so maybe its my system and has nothing to do with Paint.net. It's only slow like this in Paint.net though.

phpBB3 is the program that runs this forum, like Windows or Word, except for the server.

It's not the cause of the problem. I think it has something to do with Forumer, the site that hosts this forum. And it's been happening for pretty much everyone...

I'd call this a bug:

poll-bug.png

I am trying to edit the MSC discussion thread for voting, and it keep removing and duplicating things when I submit the edit. The preview always looks fine, but it changes every time when I submit.

How frustrating!!

Edit: I also have tried posting a poll in a new thread, and there was no problem. It must be only when editing polls. Can this be fixed?!?

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I can see avatars...I think it might just be you. :-/

But I've been wrong before. Far, far too often...