How to Install Plugins ×

Primary Color Difference to Alpha

Enormator

Back to Topic.

I'm working on that HSV version of this effect, but I have a problem. What should I do with grey (Hue is not defined then)? These were the ideas I had:

• [*:ec628]Get Hue value from the closest colored pixel. That leads to smooth gradients in the selection, but maybe other objects than the wanted one would be selected, too.
    [*:ec628]Set Hue importance for that pixel to 0. Then there will probably be problems because i.e. RGB(128,127,127) would be handled completely different to RGB(127,127,127)
    [*:ec628]ignore white, grey and black pixels. That would lead to the unusability of the plugin because you would always have some areas, which won't fit into the picture
    [*:ec628]Set alpha values for such pixels always to 0.
    [*:ec628]Handle grey pixels like the old version of the plugin did, as a RGB comparsion. Then there will probably be problems because i.e. RGB(128,127,127) would be handled completely different to RGB(127,127,127)
    [*:ec628]Your idea: Tell me what you think

I really have no idea which solution would be most useful for the artist (I'm more programmer than artist). So please tell me what will be most useful!

Back to Topic.

I'm working on that HSV version of this effect, but I have a problem. What should I do with grey (Hue is not defined then)? These were the ideas I had:

While grey is sitting in the middle of color wheel then maybe set it always to 50%?

Hue is an angle value from 0° to 360° (starting by red)

It tells you the angle of the color in the color circle. As you can see, grey is exactly in the middle and so has no angle. And that is my problem.

Hey dudes!

I've got a new idea for the SaturationZeroProblem:

An Interface with 3 Sliders whcih set how important for the difference the channel should be. (i.e. with Value Importance = 100% and both other = 0% only the brightness of the pixel would be important)

But you can't set the Hue importance but only the maximal hue importance. And the less Saturation a pixel has the less Hue will be important. So there would be no sharp edges.

Anyone understood what I just said?

Please feedback (good idea/understood nothing/bad idea)

And I'm still searching for a good icon 16x16 png (alpha allowed)

Hey dude!

Didn't understand any of that, other than the icon part! :D

3701_0e0ae7f826925bba33da090466eae6c9

I don't know if that's the kind of thing you are looking for!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Hey dudes!

I've got a new idea for the SaturationZeroProblem:

An Interface with 3 Sliders whcih set how important for the difference the channel should be. (i.e. with Value Importance = 100% and both other = 0% only the brightness of the pixel would be important)

But you can't set the Hue importance but only the maximal hue importance. And the less Saturation a pixel has the less Hue will be important. So there would be no sharp edges.

Anyone understood what I just said?

Please feedback (good idea/understood nothing/bad idea)

I would recommend to test it yourself. If YOU find it useful for some real operation then it should be okay.

ok. This will be some work. I'll post it when it will be ready but that will need its time. How we say in Germany: Gut Ding will Weile haben. :mrgreen:

I'll keep you up to date.

The icon is great. It will be implemented. Thank you.

• 11 months later...

If i am trying to do the reverse, you mentioned to have the alpha curve from the top left to bot right, but how do you get rid of those two binding control points that are there, seemingly permanently?

^^^Edit, i think i figured that out, but when you are merging the layers, how exactly do you do it, what layer do you have set to 'overlay' <

• 2 weeks later...

^ bump

I only used normal blend mode because my plug-in creates transparency on the top layer, so the original parts, which you didn't want to modify should shine through from below.

Please read the forum rules. Especially the part about bumping threads. I think the correct procedure in accordance to the forum rules would have been to... ask me via pm? I must say, that I don't like that part of the rules very much...

Please read the forum rules. Especially the part about bumping threads. I think the correct procedure in accordance to the forum rules would have been to... ask me via pm? I must say, that I don't like that part of the rules very much...

If you are reffering to the fact that he revived the thread then that is called "Necroposting" and yes, there is a rule against it, but it does not apply in several sections including this one.

KaHuc.png

If you are reffering to the fact that he revived the thread then that is called "Bumping" and yes, there is a rule against it, but it does not apply in several sections including this one.

I thought reviving a dead topic was "necroposting"? Isn't "bumping" posting repeatedly to get the thread higher up the list?

Here is the rule:

11) Don't reply to very old threads. Also known as "reviving" or "resusitating" old/dead threads. Also called "necroposting" (eww). If there has been no discussion in a thread for, say, 3 months ... then it is dead. Do not reply to it -- pretend like it is locked. If you reply to it, then the thread will be immediately locked and your post may be deleted. Please just create a new thread if you have something to say about that subject. However, this rule does not apply to The Overflow, Tutorials, Pictorium, or Plugins sections of the forum.

@Sword_Acolyte: Check the date of the last post before you revive a thread :wink: If it's very old then it might pay to PM (private message) the intended recipient instead, just to make sure the person is still around.