How to Install Plugins ×

Fast radial blur

dake

After the zoom blur, I decided to improve the radial blur. The original code comes straight from the current radial blur present in PDN. However, I added a few goodies such as a quality setting (steps), a moveable center and a few optimizations that speed up the whole thing.

radialblurdeluxescreen.png

MODERATORS NOTE:  This effect is incompatible with Paint.NET 4.0x

DLL : http://www.freewebs.com/dakepdn/RadialBlurDeluxe%5Fv0.1.dll

Sources : http://www.freewebs.com/dakepdn/RadialBlurDeluxeSrc%5Fv0.1.rar

pyrochild edit: The above link is broken, use this instead: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5210

Enjoy ! 😎

Known problems :

- applying a radial blur in a selection doesn't work well without some tweaking, the center is subject to an offset (this is also the case with the original PDN radial blur though)

License : Same as Paint Dot Net license. (MIT)

Holy cow! I've been wishing I could change the center of the redial blur for as long as I've been using PdN...thank you very, very much!

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Awesome! Yay!

<_<

>_>

*leaves

Edit:

@Ash,

Try this plugin with the "Step" turned all the way down...and then go update you "Gems" tutorial! :wink:

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Interesting effect...started with a gradient, black on left, white on right)

Radial Blur Deluxe with amount to max, steps to 1/4, and the center point about 1/5 of the way from the top and left edges...added in some curves, a few black lines, and a highlight for this quick "iris":

eye.png

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

When you first made Fast Zoom Blur, I remember thinking Fast Radial Blur would come soon after. I'm surprised you didn't do this sooner.

Thanks for the plugin, btw.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

why doesnt Rick think about adding these into the actual program, they are certainly some of the most useful plugins

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

why doesnt Rick think about adding these into the actual program, they are certainly some of the most useful plugins

Yes, they're useful, but they're also incredibly ugly. They both desperately need a GUI redesign.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Thanks, dake! I got one suggestion though. Can you combine this with the zoom blur as well? Once you do that it'll look (and work) a lot like Photoshop's radial blur:

radial_blur_settings.jpg

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Steps?!
its the "Stop" setting...

Sorry, I was talking to someone about photography(f-stops) and that was stuck in my head... :oops:

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

That would be cool, btw, does your radial/zoom blur in photoshop show a preview? I get no preview, it just blurs when I hit ok, CS3.

Thanks, dake! I got one suggestion though. Can you combine this with the zoom blur as well? Once you do that it'll look (and work) a lot like Photoshop's radial blur:

radial_blur_settings.jpg

That would be cool, btw, does your radial/zoom blur in photoshop show a preview? I get no preview, it just blurs when I hit ok, CS3.

I never got a preview in CS2.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 3 years later...

The broken links have been reported & pyrochild has emailed the author.

In the meantime, you can get the zip file from this link:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012