How to Install Plugins ×

Another Raw File Loader Plugin

Telesto

Now all we need is somebody with a DSLR to test it!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Well you're using DCRaw too so it's tough to compare between the two. :P

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Bob: the only difference is a little gui in mine, thats about it (more is planned)

the quality of the images should be the same. One would be insane not to base raw importing on DcRaw :D

Squ1rrel: Check the Known issues on my page, then you can see why saving with "Save" is not possible, but "Save as" works..it's a paint.net thing.

ok thanx ;)

would it be possible at all to make a HDR plugin? :D:D:D

I don't know that much about the whole HDR thing, so a HDR plugin would have to be made by someone else. I don't know if it's possible.

Hi Telesto,

First thank you for going to the trouble to create this plug-in and making it available to people!

I installed it and successfully loaded in several of my Canon EOS 30D CR2 RAW images using your plug-in and then Saved As a BMP with no problem. I confirmed the BMP save by opening the BMP in another app. It works fine!

It is slower than the Canon RAW viewer/editor, which is not surprising, I guess. It loads a CR2 file and displays it in its proprietary viewer/editor in about 1 second, whereas Paint.NET using your plug-in does it in about 8 seconds (timed using my stop watch).

Hi djosborne1

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

The speed is not impressive I know, but hopefully some smaller speed improvements can be made over time.

You could try downloading one of the optimized DcRaw binaries compiled for your specific processor, maybe that could speed things up.

Can anyone give ideas to get the raw plugin to work? all I get is an error message.Have reinstalled plugin 2 times and pant net 1 time(3.08) any help would be great.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

This is a great attachment :D, however when I open this, all of my .cr2 images appear unnaturally red. Also, there is significantly reduced contrast, as well as some loss in color information when I bring my cr2 file into PDN.

For these reasons, when using this, my normally vibrant .cr2 photos are turning bland. I know what they should look like because I have other cr2/raw viewers, and Adobe CS2 with which to base this observation...

It would be great to have some kind of way to manually correct the white-balance, saturation and contrast through the Raw GUI before ever loading it into PDN.

can you post an example? have you tried the other raw plugin(s)?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• toe_head2001 locked this topic