Problem opening big picture

Redman

Ok, I understand, yes it can be when we open many pictures at same time but there I've a big image and I think it can be useful for it too.

Redman%202.png

Nope. Asynchronization is only an issue when handling with multiple processes.

BTW, I may be completely wrong about how PdN handles opening multiple images at the same time.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Nope. Asynchronization is only an issue when handling with multiple processes.

BTW, I may be completely wrong about how PdN handles opening multiple images at the same time.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I don't see why this is being pegged on "reading the file size." I think these terms are being thrown around as panaceas when they are just terms to describe a method in a solution -- not solutions themsevles

Paint.NET already loads everything on a background thread so that the UI can responsively report progress. If you're loading big images then they will take up a lot of RAM and thus your pagefile will probably get pounded on. Look at the hard drive light on your computer -- if it's blinking a lot, then there you go. You just need more RAM in that case. This will especially be the case if you're loading multiple images. Paint.NET is currently something of a RAM hog (proportional to image size in terms of pixels anyway), that's just the facts right now.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg