Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

Helio

Did you make all those icons? If so, your rocking this competition. :) If not, when you submit, you'll need to post links to external imagery used.

I noticed that you're using the PDN logo that you made... nice one!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Did you make all those icons? If so, your rocking this competition. :) If not, when you submit, you'll need to post links to external imagery used.

I say he used The GIMP's icons.

chalksig2-1.png

chalksig2-1.png

No. The GIMP icons look like so:

gimpicons.png

Those up there are PhotoShop icons. Like he said, he's making a CS3 (PhotoShop CS3) / PDN mockup.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

gimpicons.png

Those up there are PhotoShop icons. Like he said, he's making a CS3 (PhotoShop CS3) / PDN mockup.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I found the origional screenshot from a Google image search, but now I can't find it :(

BTW, look at the 5th image here :D

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I found the origional screenshot from a Google image search, but now I can't find it :(

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

gimpicons.png

What! They changed. When I had GIMP they looked like Photoshop and that! "That" being uH's

chalksig2-1.png

gimpicons.png

What! They changed. When I had GIMP they looked like Photoshop and that! "That" being uH's

chalksig2-1.png

No, you're thinking about Gimpshop.

No, you're thinking about Gimpshop.

:D.

Just :D.

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

:D.

Just :D.

I probably will, knowing he has Photoshop.

I don't know why but i kinda take offense to that lol, just because i have the program doesnt mean i use it ;) actually come to think of it the only thing i can remember making in PS is a futurama looking text effect and I don't think i even saved it haha. oh and i used some brushes for a sig awhile back but again im not sure if i saved that one. oh well

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

I probably will, knowing he has Photoshop.

I don't know why but i kinda take offense to that lol, just because i have the program doesnt mean i use it ;) actually come to think of it the only thing i can remember making in PS is a futurama looking text effect and I don't think i even saved it haha. oh and i used some brushes for a sig awhile back but again im not sure if i saved that one. oh well

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Yup. The Scions were definitely Paint.NET original. :D

Yup. The Scions were definitely Paint.NET original. :D

I'm about halfway done:

pdncs3midpoint.png

The aim of this was to increase organization and functionality along with some eyecandy. I made the menu and status bar darker so it is less distracting. I made a minimalist color window that only shows what you really need and a more button just in case it isn't. On the right side of the screen is the Dock. It has a decent looking translucent feel and an autohide function to maximize space and organization. I'm only halfway done with the tool window because it still has too many buttons.

So how do you like it?

I'm about halfway done:

pdncs3midpoint.png

The aim of this was to increase organization and functionality along with some eyecandy. I made the menu and status bar darker so it is less distracting. I made a minimalist color window that only shows what you really need and a more button just in case it isn't. On the right side of the screen is the Dock. It has a decent looking translucent feel and an autohide function to maximize space and organization. I'm only halfway done with the tool window because it still has too many buttons.

So how do you like it?

I edited the post with a description.

I just realized some buttons and things that are out of order after moving things around like the dock button on the color window (the little right arrow).

I edited the post with a description.

I just realized some buttons and things that are out of order after moving things around like the dock button on the color window (the little right arrow).

Nice, but where do you access all the other images being used and what do you think of mine keep in mind I'm not as good as you, uH!

chalksig2-1.png

Nice, but where do you access all the other images being used and what do you think of mine keep in mind I'm not as good as you, uH!

chalksig2-1.png