How to Install Plugins ×

Greyscale channel mixer using WPF (.NET 3.0)

andersbursjoo

This is a plug-in for converting color images to grayscale. The plug-in allow you to set how much the different color channels will influence the resulting grayscale. You can select to lock the luminance in the image or unlock it to e.g. get an over/under exposed image.

GreyscaleWPF1.jpg

You can download the plug-in here 070515.

Installtion: Place the downloaded file (GreyscaleWPF.dll) in the Paint.NET Effects folder. It will appear in a submenu called Dobu. It will take some seconds to load the plug-in. Be patient.

NOTE: You MUST have .NET 3.0 installed on your computer, download the runtime from Microsoft. This plug-in uses Windows Presentation Foundation which is a part of .NET 3.0.

Edited: Ok sorry, XP didn't like the opacity stuff so after turning it off it should work. I will test it a little bit more but the file is updated so you can try again.

//Anders

http://www.bursjoo.se

Anders Bursjöö - http://www.bursjoo.se

No XP support :(

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

No XP support = problem, as the great majority of Paint.NET users are still running XP.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

yay he fixed it! will try it after breakfast =)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Jepp, I fixed it.

Actually I haven't tested it that much so please tell me the bugs :). By the way... a Visual Studio 2005 template for creating WPF plug-ins can be found under the Effect-programming-section in the forum.

/a

Anders Bursjöö - http://www.bursjoo.se

Wow. This is not only has great functionality, but looks good, too!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Yeah, I don't really think it can be qualified as an effect.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

<needless quote removed>

your download link is broken (it dosen't work). is there another place I can go to download it?

1.gif

I believe bliss and terror are based on a person's perspective.

dogma999: Enough already! You've told him three times - what is the point of repeating yourself?

• 4 years later...

It can be downloaded from softpedia:

<snip!>

Edited by david.atwell
No unofficial download links on the forum, please.

If anyone has a copy of the DLL (GreyscaleWPF.dll) - please PM me so I can attach it to this thread.  Thanks!

If anyone has a copy of the DLL (GreyscaleWPF.dll) - please PM me so I can attach it to this thread.  Thanks!

Not one from Megalo, of course.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.