Give more people a chance to develop it

hhapp0728

• 1 month later...

Since you stated you could do anything with the code, I'm assuming I could take it and use it to start an open source project? I think it would be a very interesting project to start! :idea: Probably would be another way to learn more about C# and .net in general. I will make sure to note copyrights.

Thanks

If you want to start your own fork, yeah that's fine. Just give it a different name, or tag it in some way, so that people don't confuse it with "our" Paint.NET. I wouldn't want people asking us for help when your code crashes on them. I much prefer to be blamed for things that are my own fault ;) You also can't release it with incompatible licensing terms, which means the GPL is a no-no.

Also, note that "do whatever you want" is my summary of the licensing terms and should not to be taken as a full interpretation. Please read the licensing terms for yourself and make sure you fully understand them independently of my executive summary.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I understand! Thanks It's just going to be me and a couple of buddies developing this if indeed we get time. Was just going to strictly use the code as a "reference". Not strait copy ;).

• 2 weeks later...