Transparency Focus ( 2.5 Beta 4 )

I guess I don't see a bug here... What were you expecting the transparent toolbars to do? If you're not hovering your mouse over them, it makes sense that they remain transparent.

If you want to turn the transparency off, you can uncheck the "Translucent" option under the "Window" menu.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

With transpareny on.

Move mouse over floating toolbar and it turns solid, move mouse away and it goes transparent again. This I assume is correct.

Move mouse over menu window ( example: Image, Resize option ) and it remains constantly transparent, instead of turning solid which would make it easier to see.

Ah. I see what you're saying now. You mean the actual pop-up dialogue box stays translucent, even when the mouse is over it. Sorry, I thought you meant that the toolbars (Layers, History, etc.) stayed translucent while opening up a menu. Silly me...

t1_pdn8.jpg

I believe this was done so that, much like in this example, you can use the canvas to judge how you want your effect parameters. I've actually never found it difficult to see what the dialogue says, despite the fact that it is translucent, but that's just me.

We'll have to let Rick chime in with his thoughts on this one.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

so that, much like in this example, you can use the canvas to judge how you want your effect parameters.

While obviously having its uses, even with the solid toggle you could just move the mouse away or move the window itself to see the results.

Also try applying a blur value more than 60 to your picture, and even with transparancy I think you will struggle to see the result underneath without moving the window.

I hope to persuade you to re-think this design, as apart from being easier to read at high resolutons, real power from this could come when combined with an option to set transparency levels. You could have everything far more transparent, barely visible even, but still usable just by hoving over it.