PDN 3.05 : FileType interface changes?

Dean Ashton

Hi,

I'm trying to get a new build of my DDS plugin released, but after upgrading to Paint.NET 3.05, I'm unable to build. My DdsFileType (derived from FileType) has an OnSave method defined as such (this is copied from VS.NET 2005's object browser)

unsafe protected override void OnSave(PaintDotNet.Document input, System.IO.Stream output, PaintDotNet.SaveConfigToken token, PaintDotNet.Surface scratchSurface, PaintDotNet.ProgressEventHandler callback)

Building, I have the following error:

D:\Projects\Paint.NET\DdsFileType\DdsFileType.cs(83,40): error CS0115: 'DdsFileTypePlugin.DdsFileType.OnSave(PaintDotNet.Document, System.IO.Stream, PaintDotNet.SaveConfigToken, PaintDotNet.Surface, PaintDotNet.ProgressEventHandler)': no suitable method found to override

I made modifications a long while ago when I upgraded to PDN 3.0 (the OnSave method had changed slightly, if I remember correctly), but the move to 3.05 has me confused.

I would check the 3.05 source code out.. but it's not available for download.

Any ideas? I've re-added all my references to make sure I'm pulling them from the right place.. but I'm now a bit stumped.

Cheers,

Dean

3.05 shouldn't have any changes other than the renaming of PdnLib to PaintDotNet.Core.dll ...

If you comment out your OnSave method, and then you start typing "override " (as if you were starting to type a new method declaration), do you get an OnSave method in the Intellisense popup?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

3.05 shouldn't have any changes other than the renaming of PdnLib to PaintDotNet.Core.dll ...

And it appears that's exactly what was causing the problem. I had an old PdnLib reference in my project.. I removed that, and added PaintDotNet.Core, and everything started building again..

Thanks for the rapid response, Rick!

Cheers,

Dean