How to Install Plugins ×

Tube Effect (ymd: 100718)

MadJik

• 6 months later...

i try to DL this and it keeps telling me

this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. create an association in the set associations control panel

what does this mean??

this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. create an association in the set associations control panel

what does this mean??

You could read on the first post of the topic, and few posts before yours:

Tube Effect

/.../

The Effect DLL

You can download the effect DLL here: Tube Oblique.dll

Put this file in your c:/program files/Paint.NET/Effects directory. You need to restart Paint.Net.

The Effect is in the Effects menu under Distorts...

/.../

The DLL file is a part of the program, and can't be opened...Follow the instructions please.

Well sorry for asking i didnt know what that ment thanks for putting it in english for my dumb ... ***rolls eyes***

what does this mean??

You could read on the first post of the topic, and few posts before yours:

Tube Effect

/.../

The Effect DLL

You can download the effect DLL here: Tube Oblique.dll

Put this file in your c:/program files/Paint.NET/Effects directory. You need to restart Paint.Net.

The Effect is in the Effects menu under Distorts...

/.../

The DLL file is a part of the program, and can't be opened...Follow the instructions please.

Don't yell at MadJik because YOU didn't read. Come on - We're nice people, you can be, too. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@david.atwell: thanks...

@GradensMommy: Well, I thought you knew a bit about Files explorer in Windows...

From the Start button, find and open 'My computer'

Find and open C drive

Find and open 'Program files'

Find and open 'Paint.net'

Find and open 'Effects'

Now you are in your c:/program files/Paint.NET/Effects directory.

You have to move the downloaded file TubeOblique.dll in this folder. And restart Paint.net...

You should ask some help about this file handling around you (family, friends, etc...)

• 3 weeks later...

This new version has a bug. Try running it with a selection that's not on the left edge of the image.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

@david.atwell: thanks...

@GradensMommy: Well, I thought you knew a bit about Files explorer in Windows...

From the Start button, find and open 'My computer'

Find and open C drive

Find and open 'Program files'

Find and open 'Paint.net'

Find and open 'Effects'

Now you are in your c:/program files/Paint.NET/Effects directory.

You have to move the downloaded file TubeOblique.dll in this folder. And restart Paint.net...

You should ask some help about this file handling around you (family, friends, etc...)

sry i was having a bad day that day........i figured it out after......thx though. :oops:

• 1 month later...

When I click on the download dll here link some error page comes up (in another language) am I doing something wrong? I was recommended this effect for when I do photo edits on "filmstrips". Please help, I am new at this Paint.net.

When I click on the download dll here link some error page comes up (in another language) am I doing something wrong? I was recommended this effect for when I do photo edits on "filmstrips". Please help, I am new at this Paint.net.

Link is broken...Madjik? Help? :(

Thanks for the new link! I downloaded and added it to my effects. Tried it out and it worked :) Only problem is the tutorial i was using for the filmstrip just mentioned the horizontal and vertical access settings nothing about anti-aliasing and steps factor. Maybe that person had and older version? Anyway...I am attaching before and after of what happened when I tried it. It added dots at the top and cut off the bottom. I am sure some of you smarter people can tell me how to fix it.

10834_81e5eef22a591182ce316ebcac63285c

10834_ff1a9d76a0eac63b08bb513dffb355e7

Oops, I just realized I tried to attach a 3rd pic to show what it was supposed to look like but it didnt work b/c it was a BMP. Here it is as jpg thanks.

10834_ee16ec05ad112e04f82df36f1185a7ce

The tutorial refers to Tube Oblique, which is a different plugin. But this one will work perfectly. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

:? Ok I tried putting it on a white canvas (background) to have extra on top and bottom but now its not distorting at all. Oh, and I am using the tube oblique effect not tube effect. Sorry. Can someone do it for me with the original photo I attached earlier and tell me EXACTLY step by step how u did it. I'm sorry I'm just really slow at understanding Paint.net. I am totally lost and getting frustrated. :cry:

OK disregard that last post I got it. Had to change the "steps factor" to get to curve the right way. Thanks everyone for your help. :D Here is what I got ...

10834_886999b309ca1cd8d69eaa2fd78a3b6c

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

I just tried the download link and it worked just fine.  Try again?

image.png.b057b9dbae1b0ae29d707a5cad6d4bf8.png 
i dont know what is the problem
can u put in mediafire or something ?