How to Install Plugins ×

VTF Plug-In (1.1.0)

Nem

• 10 months later...

Hello all, I'm a C# programmer(Novice/Beginner) and was wondering how would I exactly get this plug in to work with my project. I'm creating a "All-In-One" CS:Source scripter. And I wanted to add the feature of viewing/selecting the users spray for the game.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

- Poab

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I was thinking if anyone could make a VTF plugins since the site is down and it cant be used to OS 64 bit

That would be great with a VTF plugins to OS 64 bit:P

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I still can't save as a VTF file...

Yeah, since 3.36 it does not work anymore... :(

I would be soooooo glad, if it would be updated or somebody could make a new one. It was so usefull and made work faster than exporting files in another programm, then editing the exported file, then saving it somewhere, then create a new vtf in the other programm, then importing the file from PDN, then looking at the flags and settings of the original, then saving and overwriting it...and if you wanted to create an animated vtf, you could use the layers instead of different files for every frame...it was just a great plugin, even better than the PhotoShop one!

• 3 months later...

Apologies to everyone for leaving this so long. There is a laundry list of other things that need to be done to properly support x64 in VTFLib. I started last weekend with the conversion of HLLib and I will continue with VTFLib this weekend. Unfortunately it will have to stay with the Visual C++ 2005 SP1 x64 libraries as nVIDIA scrapped nxDXT in favor of a newer version which is missing many features VTFLib relies on (and they don't supply VS 2008 .libs).

Once VTFLib is up to speed, I'm hoping this plug-in won't take too long.

Have you tried static linking to the runtimes? That would get rid of the installation issue completely.

Suppose I could, but I've been trying to adhere to the LGPL (even though I've released the source code to the plug-in).

Anyhow, version 1.1.0 adds x64 support. Thanks Rick for all your help. :beer:

• 1 year later...

I wanted to make my own background for Garry's Mod. I tried it tons of times, no avail. But on one try, I accidently chose P8 (not avaliable) and now I can't save any VTF things. When I chose where to put it, it goes to the thing after the "where to put it" thing, it freezes and doesn't respond. No matter how many times I try, I can't switch P8 to something else. How do I switch it? Sorry for HUGE bump. It's just kind of urgent.