How to Install Plugins ×

Gingham v1.1 (Jan 9, 2016)

toe_head2001

Gingham

Effects -> Render -> Gingham

ui.png

defaults.png.solid.png

Features

• Generate a Gingham pattern with custom color, width, and line styles.

Change Log

v1.1 (Jan 9, 2016)

• New: Added option for Downward Diagonal Line style
  • Changed: Minor UI tweaks and misc code clean ups

v1.0 (Oct 3, 2015)

• Initial release

Download

:RightArrowBlue:  Gingham.zip

Source Code

Source files and Git history

• Upvote 8

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks toe_head2001,

Some ideas:

An option for a second color other than white would be nice.

An option to change direction of diagonal lines.

An option to control the spacing between the lines and the dots. :)

thanks-gingham1-4cf674d.png

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 2

Some ideas:

An option for a second color other than white would be nice.

An option to change direction of diagonal lines.

An option to control the spacing between the lines and the dots. :)

Color other than white? That would be trivial to add, but Gingham always uses white... as far as I know. (unless it's stained, in which case it would be yellowed ;)) I guess, for me, keeping the gingham pattern pure is more important than adding artistic options. I may change my mind though.

You mean Downward diagonals in addition the Upward diagonals? Already added for the next release. I meant to have in the first release, but forgot to add it.

Spacing? Sure, if you can demonstrate that they would look good in a gingham pattern. I'm using Hatch styles provide by the .Net Framework. I quickly picked a few that I thought would look the best, but they may be more. You can find the full list of them in paint.net's toolbar when using the Bucket/Brush/Line/Shape tools; they're labeled as "Fill:". You can play with them, and see if any look like they'd be a good fit. The two currently in the plugin are 'Dark Upward Diagonal' and 'Percent 50'.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

I do not know if this cloth counts as a gingham pattern (I used to have the same one on my chairs) but I like the multiple colors.

plaid-vintage-gingham.jpg  .

For the diagonal lines , Yes that is what I meant though all we have to do is flip the layer.  :)

I do not know if this cloth counts as a gingham pattern (I used to have the same one on my chairs) but I like the multiple colors.

plaid-vintage-gingham.jpg  .

For the diagonal lines , Yes that is what I meant though all we have to do is flip the layer.  :)

Oooo, I love the look of that cloth Eli.

There is this plugin Gingham and the Tattersall plugin, I think maybe one of them, if not both of them, could be updated to do what you are asking for?

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Oooo, I love the look of that cloth Eli.

There is this plugin Gingham and the Tattersall plugin, I think maybe one of them, if not both of them, could be updated to do what you are asking for?

I concur, I like the look of it. I plan on making a general tartan/plaid plugin in which every line can be customized individually, and x and y lines can be completely different from each other. The number of lines would be user defined too.

For example, you'd be able to enumerate, say a 5 horizontal line pattern of varying widths, colors & styles, and also enumerate 3 completely different custom vertical lines.

I already know how I'm going to most of it. It will take a little longer since I'll have to do it in Winforms instead of IndirectUI. Hopefully I'll start working on it this coming week.

Edit: The Tartan plugin is available.

Edited by toe_head2001

bp-sig.png

• 2 months later...

You mean Downward diagonals in addition the Upward diagonals? Already added for the next release. I meant to have in the first release, but forgot to add it.

Version 1.1 posted. Sorry for taking so long to push this out. No big changes ended up happening, so I thought, 'why wait any longer', and here it is.

• Upvote 3

bp-sig.png