Limon's PDN Pics - Update 17-04-04 (Page 5)

Limon

Thanks Seerose, Pixey and Woodsy (Or was it Disgruntled1? ;)) I got inspiration from a local artist who held an exhibition with ink painted on crumbled paper, so I tried to create some kind of paper looking texture for that one. Glad you liked it! 

This one took me a couple of days to complete since I work full time now, another jewelry-looking thingy:
Dragonfly%2020_zpsugmvtwhu.png

• Upvote 6

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

Oh Limon, some nice images here! Those gossamer wings on the dragonfly & the jewel on the tail are so gorgeous. :star: Very nice interpretations of others' works with photofrags (love that expression). Amazing works you have here.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Dear Limon!  4979.png

Very nice brooch. Nice work on the finished product!  Thank you for the sharing. 

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you all for the comments, it is much appreciated getting some feedback. 

@lynxster4 I ran out of reps, catch up tomorrow ;)

- Michael J. Caboose

• 6 months later...

Thank you Rickhum and Collagemaster for your nice comments, I'm very glad you like it!

Having no inspiration what so ever for more than half a year sucks... It's nice to pop in again.

Here's an 'almost PDN-pic' I suppose. I used an image of a real tarantula for the shape since my own mental image of a spider is really not an accurate one :D 

Project%20Tarantula_zpsp7sw8zw0.png

Spiders give me the oogies, but I also find them fascinating... at a distance! :lol:

• Upvote 7

- Michael J. Caboose

Limon, so glad you stopped by with your rendition of a tarantula! The texturing and coloring, it is very well done!

I don't think I'm the only one who misses your input on the forum.

• Upvote 1

<3 Dear @Limon!

Welcome back.flowerxys.gifThis image made me smile! :) Because I find the animals interesting. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Limon...that is the most creepy, great-looking tarantula, ever.   Gives me the heebie-jeebies just looking at it.    =O

Welcome back, we missed you!   ;)   :cake:   :cookie-chocolate:

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh, creepy spider. You did a great job, and I particularly like the way you can see the individual hairs, even though spiders themselves creep me out. :D

LoniTownsendSig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A tarantula... So creepy. Looking at it makes my skin itch. At least, I don't scream or become enraged. (Because there's another creepy-crawler that can succesfully do that.) o__o

On the plus side, it looks really good. Tarantulas appear to be hairy, so you did a good job on that. Also, I like the wall. It looks like it has a few layers of paint. :)

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

• 2 years later...

Hey guys (and gals) it's been a while since I even logged in to the forum. Mostly due to me enrolling in law school and some other stuff. Good to be back 😄

Anyhow, here's a quick pic I made at the train home. I played around with some of the distortion tools, flames and metallize to get my golden tiles. You know I like my things shiny 😉

I also used Yellowman's tutorial on how to make waterdrops, with my own take. 

Link to the tut here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/26951-how-to-make-water-drops/

Droplets.jpg

Edited by Limon
Spelling
  • Like 2

- Michael J. Caboose

<3 @ Dear @Limon! 💮

It's good to see you and your work again. Wonderful presentation!
I also like shiny things, mostly I don't succeed so well. Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:

Sorry: Rep. is coming tomorrow.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Limon, great to see you on here again!  :D   Law school? Look out!  Hope it's going well.

Love the image, it's warm and inviting.  Looks like caramel candy squares to me. Maybe from a famous Swiss chocolatier?  :P