How to Install Plugins ×

Lynxster's Shapes Pack **4/18/21 - 115 New Shapes Added!!**

lynxster4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I have a faceted gemstone pack I just created. I thought it might come in handy when learning how to properly shade gemstones.

Please note that these shapes are not intended to be used as 'Filled Shapes'. They were intended to be used in 'Outline Mode' only. 'Filled Shape with Outline' works, but that kind of defeats the purpose of learning how to shade gemstones.

I don't know how to shade gemstones, so I'll be learning right along with you!

I hope you enjoy my pack.     :)

:star:  :star: Pack is now available in the first post  :star:  :star:

Edited by lynxster4
  • Upvote 5

Hey, thank you for the shapes! If there is a tutorial anywhere for us to learn how to do this, please point it out and what a great educational cause, too! Thanks for the gems!  If I ever learn how to do that I'll post them here! A lot of really good varieties. thank you, Lynxster4

Hey, thank you for the shapes! If there is a tutorial anywhere for us to learn how to do this, please point it out and what a great educational cause, too! Thanks for the gems!  If I ever learn how to do that I'll post them here! A lot of really good varieties. thank you, Lynxster4

You're welcome, Lydia! I'm also trying to find a good tut on this. I've read a couple of them but the directions were not that clear and they were for photoshop.

Glad you like them!     :mrgreen:      If I find a good one, I'll let you know.

These are really good!... I can put my carborundum wheel away now :D

Thanks for sharing B)

(I had a quick try shading one of the gems but I think I can get it better)

Thank you, Red!     :beer:       This will be a bit of a challenge for me.

If you do shade one that you are happy with, I'd love to see it!      :mrviolet:

Edited by lynxster4

;):beer:

That is gorgeous! I love it.    :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:

Care to share any tips?     :P

Lynxster!  4otskkym.gif  

qz6eno7z.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

A nice shapes pack, thank you for this lynxster. :cake:  That is a mighty impressive gem stone Redochre, I hope a tutorial is on the way ?  :beer:

HFuQlot.png

Lynxster!  4otskkym.gif  

Seerose....thank you!   That is so adorable.   My cat loves you!     Thank you for the kitty gif.    u%20rock_zpshc49v4sc.gif

A nice shapes pack, thank you for this lynxster. :cake:  That is a mighty impressive gem stone Redochre, I hope a tutorial is on the way ?  :beer:

You are more than welcome, mottoman....hope it can be useful for you!       :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for these. They are fantastic!

You're welcome, Tuckeroo.    :)

These shapes are great! Thank you Lynxster for creating and sharing them  :cake:  :mtdew:

Golden%20Cage_zpsxv3anvwm.png

• Upvote 2

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

These shapes are great! Thank you Lynxster for creating and sharing them  :cake:  :mtdew:

Golden%20Cage_zpsxv3anvwm.png

That is fabulous, Limon!    :)   

You should do a tut on this. I haven't yet had time to even tinker with my shapes....I really can't do anything till the weekends.

The setting is real nice, too. And you captured the translucence of the gem...WOW!    :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:

Thank you for sharing!

I've described a few ideas for colouring your gems here:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/105242-techniques-for-colouring-gem-shapes-for-experienced-users/

It is aimed at more experienced users like yourself. Hope it is useful... you did ask! :D

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I've described a few ideas for colouring your gems here:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/105242-techniques-for-colouring-gem-shapes-for-experienced-users/

It is aimed at more experienced users like yourself. Hope it is useful... you did ask! :D

Many thanks, Red! I peeked at your tutorial and can't wait to try it when I get home.   5254.gif

That is fabulous, Limon!    :)   

You should do a tut on this. I haven't yet had time to even tinker with my shapes....I really can't do anything till the weekends.

The setting is real nice, too. And you captured the translucence of the gem...WOW!    :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you Lynxster, I'm happy you liked it!  :D

A tut, maybe I'll start working with one when I add some better depth and shading going on in the cage... 

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

• 1 month later...

:star:  :star:  :star: NEW SHAPES PACK POSTED!  :star:  :star:  :star:

Dear fellow PDN users,

This was the most daunting shapes project I ever tried so far. I envisioned this as an 'educational' pack. It would be great for students who are home-schooled and have access to the internet. If public schools allow it, it would even be better.

This pack took a great deal of time. I used a map that was 'forgiving' on the outlines. I imported a 'line path' for the next state and so on...but I found it impossible to import 'line paths' for different states, already drawn, to the state I was currently drawing. (TR...if you see this...is there a way?)  So...not every state matches perfectly.

I know this will not be appealing to everyone, (my friends not in the USA), but I feel this needs to be out there.

There is an outline drawing of the USA, titled "US-z-Outline". You can insert each state into the outline or just draw each state individually. State capitals are designated by the circle.

Just please note....the states do not fit exactly! This is because some state outlines had to be re-drawn by hand. If you fiddle enough....it works.

Also note....draw everything with the 'shift' key depressed...this preserves the natural shape.

I hope this shape pack will be useful.   27.gif      We are digging out from 9" of snow, our first big snowfall of the year, which is very late for us. I TG we are in SW PA as our brethren in SE PA got hammered with at least twice as much. Hope all are well.

Please leave feedback...

SI_03.JPG

Edited by lynxster4
  • Upvote 4

:star:  :star:  :star: NEW SHAPES PACK POSTED!  :star:  :star:  :star:

Holy cow, that's a lot of work you did. Thanks!

A suggestion for your zip package: Put the .xaml files in a folder, and then zip the folder. That way I can just drag that folder into my Shapes directory, and everything stays nice and organized.

i.e. I don't want to have to create the folder myself... laziness  :lol: .

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Wow!  You have been busy.  Fiddly stuff making those shapes I'll bet.  Congrats on your latest pack and also on your crown - well deserved :music: .

Hope you get dug out soon - it does sound cold and looks messy.  A week ago, in the wee hours of the morning, we had tornadoes hit us here in Florida.  It was really scary and two people died.  Didn't know it was tornadoes until the next morning.  Better that way, I think :( .

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@toe_head...thank you for the kind comment...it was a lot of work!   :)    (Don't you use the free 7zip? If you pick option 3, extract files..., it automatically extracts them to a folder in the name of the zipped file.)  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

@Pixey...thank you, thank you, thank you!   :)     Tornadoes in winter...how weird is that! I always keep an eye on Florida weather because my brother lives in St. Pete. He likes to call me in the middle of winter to tell me he's on his back porch sipping a beer in his shorts and it's 65 or 70 degrees.   :lol:

Dear lynxster!  <3  Thank you very much for your time and effort. qms47tau.gif

goljk5yt.png

*This is my favorite country in the United States... <3

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Dear lynxster!  <3  Thank you very much for your time and effort. qms47tau.gif

goljk5yt.png

*This is my favorite country in the United States... <3

Thank you, Seerose...that is very sweet of you!    :)

But I cannot see the image you posted....my computer won't load it.    :(

@red....when did you sneak on here??? I didn't notice until now.

Thank you, and congrats on your crown!!     4_17_209.gif    

Well deserved!    :)