Curving text

Get A Trip

I am brand new here though did read the rules and guidelines section. I searched the term and came up with 2 other posts. The reason I am reposting this is none of those explained anything other than one guy saying to move and place each letter separately and than rotate them. Really? That is not only a hassle it is so unmathematical that there would be no way to get perfect symmetry. It would be sloppy & amateur at best for professional designers or anyone designing business media, logos/banners, etc. I am hoping someone can let me know of a plug-in that will allow me to bend or curve words ?? Thanks in advance--

Edited by Get A Trip

Hello Get A Trip, and welcome to the forum.

The best thing I can recommend you is this effect: Circle Text.

But if you want your text to follow a curved line, sorry, I have not seen an effect to do that.

Edited by Eli

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend Grid Warp for this. It's very flexible.......

Example:

Epknzkk.png

WOW! Such a VERY COOL EFFECT!! I love Grid Wrap!!! I also just tried it on a string of about 4 words. In the actual effect the Grid Wrap tool made the wavy text look so cool. When I clicked on "OK" to select the actual performance the box went away but the layer of text never made the change. When I did a search on this forum for "Grid Wrap" this was the ONLY thing that came up for it so I guess there are no other tutes on it...I'm still trying to find them and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

OH!! I GOT IT TO WORK NOW!!! My bad! One just has to make the layer active.

Edited by ScrapbookWithPDN

Hello! Circle Text is a wonderful text formation tool, but if you'd like a more wave-y kind of text I'd suggest the WaveTextSUI plugin. It can be found here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/16634-wave-text/

Here's something I whipped together as an example of how the plugin works :)

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p791/linneasimon96/Wave%20Text%20SUI_zpsbnzrtpue.png

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose