ShapeMaker Tutorials

TechnoRobbo

I should know most of that already but still found it very useful.  ;)

Same here actually - going through the whole exercise of explaining it gave me a deeper insight.

Part II may take a bit before I can get to it. We'll be making a kitty. 

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

No pony? :cry:

Can't wait for the rest of the series. Thanks TR!

Great tut, it should prove to be very helpful to anyone wanting to use this cool plugin. I learned a lot watching because I never read the manuals (I never do anyway), I always jump into it and learn as I go..... 

Plane_Sig2.gif

You guys know how to break my heart :(

I can see all the women reading this and going..."Yup. Males". :lol:

• Upvote 1

I read whole manual EER and it was great. :D  A video tutorial is helps a lot. So, that is also welcome.   

I am almost comfortable with most of tools but Ellipses are still out of reach for me. So, one tutorial especially on them :)

Nice work on Tutorial TR. I can see how much effort are put into that. I am trying to make a video tutorials and it is very laborious task. :00: As the things are now, I will end up learning how to edit videos before I actually finish making tutorials. :P Any suggestion on some good screen capture and video editing tools? ( I don't want to spend anything on those, an open thing like Audacity which I use for audios. )

Edited by Pratyush

Rl7un0O.png

I read whole manual EER and it was great. :D

Thank you Pratyush. I shall add you to the list of those who walk in the light. Not like racerx, he's definitely in the dark zone. TR is somewhere in between, in the twilight zone "do do do do" :lol:

Hi Pratyush,
I asked TR about screen video capture software a while back. He pointed me to Microsoft 'expressions'. It is free and powerful (complicated)...but not too hard to get started. ;)
Windows live Movie Maker is useful too.
Audacity is great btw!

Expressions link:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27870

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Those are exactly the tools I use.

1. Microsoft Expressions - After you capture you must send to encoder and encode.
  2. Window Live Moviemaker for editing
  3. Audacity for Audio - I also record background noise and save for later

Some people use the clapper method where they insert clap sounds into the video so they have time reference in audicity. I guess that's good if you work off a script, but I don't. I watch sections of the video and record audio for that section. (Ctrl Z and Shift R are my friend)

After the audio pieces are inserted in place with MovieMaker- I render the movie. Then I open the movie with Audacity and insert background noise in the gaps. you can add music add this point. Save to a wave file. Back to Moviemaker and replace all audio with the complete audacity wave. Render the final movie. 

• Upvote 2

TRsSig.png?raw=1

If anyone is interested, I use a free screen capture program called CamStudio 2.0. It works great. But I also use a very complex method of codecs (x264_VFW) + AviUtl for editing. Definitely not for the faint of heart....

C'mon, using a manual would be an insult to my intelligence. I like to believe I actually have intelligence. My wife may say otherwise however....

Plane_Sig2.gif

Those are exactly the tools I use.

1. Microsoft Expressions - After you capture you must send to encoder and encode.
  2. Window Live Moviemaker for editing
  3. Audacity for Audio - I also record background noise and save for later

Some people use the clapper method where they insert clap sounds into the video so they have time reference in audicity. I guess that's good if you work off a script, but I don't. I watch sections of the video and record audio for that section. (Ctrl Z and Shift R are my friend)

After the audio pieces are inserted in place with MovieMaker- I render the movie. Then I open the movie with Audacity and insert background noise in the gaps. you can add music add this point. Save to a wave file. Back to Moviemaker and replace all audio with the complete audacity wave. Render the final movie. 

You did a great job eliminating the background noise on your tut, however as a result, your volume was a little too low. I took the liberty of downloading your tut from youtube. I then de-muxed (separated video and audio streams) your mp4. I then applied a 500% gain in you audio and Re-Muxed (combined video and audio streams) back into an mp4. 

Here it is if anyone is interested:

ShapeMaker_part1.mp4

Plane_Sig2.gif

Here's a little preview of the next tutorial - ShapeMaker Tutorial Part II:  Tracing and Filled Shapes

It will teach the user how to make properly filled nested shapes and trace photographs. 

He turned out so darn cute that I had to share him:
Kitten%20Demo.png?raw=1

Kitten Shape:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32140-trs-not-too-useful-but-fun-shapes/?p=430693

I'm in the process of editing down 30 minutes worth video. I hope to have it posted by the weekend.

Public Domain Image available at Wikimedia https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tabby_kitten_profile_standing_facing_right.jpg

• Upvote 3

TRsSig.png?raw=1