First time paint.net plugin, is it worth it and even possible?

Following situation:

I have a bunch of pdns (12 atm) which have a set of layers. Basically it's a texture set (it contains team colors and effects like ao overlays). Now what I have to do is take specific layers, merge them, and export them (with a specific name based on the combination of layers used). It's about five combinations per pdn, meaning I end up creating 60 textures. (There might be more depending on the amounts of assets I will create at some point.) So it is some tedious amount of work.

I know there are filetype plugins and effects plugins. Does this fall under the scope of filetype plugins or is what I want to do not possible?

Or other than that, is there a better solution to my problem? Like batch processing or something?

Thanks for your time and help

CybaMephisto

Edited by CybaMephisto

Hi there cybamephisto :D

Best way I can think of to do this is use of paint.net's Copy Merged feature (Ctrl + Shift + C). This creates a copy of all the visible layers and places it in the clipboard.

1. Open the pdn image

2. Make visible the layers you want to appear - hide the rest.

3. Press Ctrl + A to select all

4. Press Ctrl + Shift + C to copy combined selection to the clipboard.

Now you can either paste it into a new image (Ctrl + Alt + V) or use a plugin like TR's Export Selection to save it.