How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Dodge and Burn (Blur and Sharpen)(Feb 25th, 2015) Re-Posted

TechnoRobbo

Thank you, the success of the English menu into a Chinese, this translation was very good. I send you a picture.

I downloaded a lot of plug-ins, I should learn English in order to understand how to use plug-ins.

good luck

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance in the world I could maybe pretty please get the source code for the brush? I have 1000 ideas and some are really good. I want to populate a list of effects and use the brush to 'draw in' the effect by rendering it on a separate surface and writing over pixels wherever I draw. I also want to make a brush that randomly scatters the pixels under it by an amount. It'd be a "diffuse brush". I also want to make more dynamic brushes if I can, but first I'd need access to (or an explanation of how to implement) brushes the way they're done in this plugin.

Thanks so much, TR. I'm cleaning up the naming conventions. You might want to map the form OK and Close buttons so the user can press enter to run the plugin and escape to cancel. I'm also working on zooming in/out relative to the mouse position, like Paint.NET does. I'll give you any cross-compatible features I can come up with so you can integrate them into your plugins as my way of saying thanks. :)

Edited by AnthonyScoffler
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.4.0+ Ready for Download

Version 1.4.0+ includes changes by AnthonyScoffler

Fix: removed pre-multiplying of alpha channel in output image

Easier to read color button

CTRL+Z for undo

Hold Ctrl + Mouse Wheel to change the brush size

Take a bow Anthony!

• Upvote 1

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Reposted- removed debugging code 

Version 1.4.0+ Ready for Download

Version 1.4.0+ includes changes by AnthonyScoffler

Fix: removed pre-multiplying of alpha channel in output image

Easier to read color button

CTRL+Z for undo

Hold Ctrl + Mouse Wheel to change the brush size

Take a bow Anthony!

• Upvote 4

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

and thanks Anthony + looking forward to that dynamic brush too

No problem. TR lent me the source code, so I'm sending all features I tweak and bugs I discover or patch to him for our mutual benefit :)

The dynamic brush plugin is called Brush Factory and is nearing completion, but I have college in the way and there's this pesky rotation issue where rotating the brush causes it to be smaller by as much as 33%. The alternative is clipping the edges, which is a no-go. But I'm making progress and I have more than 80% of it complete.

• Upvote 2

TechnoRobbo and AnthonyScoffler! 

Thanks for the new update.   :mtdew:  :cake: 

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Are you developing TR's plugin into Brush Factory or are you making another plugin?

I'm making a separate plugin derived from the same source code. There isn't much in common anymore except the layout, canvas functionality, and brush support; most everything else is my own. As a quick rundown of features I have completed:

- Initial brush size, color, rotation, and transparency

- Import multiple brushes at once and they're retained across calls to the plugin while Paint.NET still runs. (I haven't shared this yet with TR, but I will.)

- Option to colorize brush, which means making it one solid color. Usually on, but turn it off when you want an image with multiple colors as a brush (like a leaf).

- Option to rotate with the mouse so that brush strokes are rotated in the direction of the mouse.

- Jitter size, color RGB ranges, rotation, and transparency. Jittering means randomly varying these values (within a range you set) every time a brush stroke is applied.

- Increment size, rotation, and transparency. This means with each brush stroke, the size/rotation/transparency will increase or decrease a specific amount permanently.

Bugs to fix:

- Rotation makes non-square images smaller because they're drawn at a fixed size and not a percentage-based size (but I want fixed sizes).

- Alpha blending issues are making black rings around brush strokes, when undo is used, and when the effect is applied for all brush strokes over transparent pixels.

- Orient to mouse doesn't affect the first click yet, before the mouse is moved.

- An obscure bug that probably won't ever happen and has no appreciable effect anyway, so it'll probably stay. I'll document it when I release the plugin.

Roadmap:

- The dynamic increment controls currently cycle all the way. I want to make another option so they can 'ping-pong' or simply stop.

- Maybe dynamic effects based on mouse speed or direction (besides orient to mouse).

- Hue jitter and increment hue.

- Dynamic effects based on each individual brush stroke. I will have one for alpha so as you draw, the brush becomes more transparent (simulates paint).

- Redo

- Maybe a keyboard shortcut to apply brush strokes continuously

- An option to make brush strokes cumulative (on by default). When it's off, until you release the mouse, no pixels where a brush stroke is applied can be affected again.

- Zoom is respective to the mouse position so it zooms to the mouse. This means the mouse will always be the center of the zoom.

- Option to change brush interpolation method (an advanced option).

- Maybe a way to set the rotation origin... maybe.

- Various small tweaks.

Edited by AnthonyScoffler
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Hi. I'm looking for that "raindrop symbol" like blur tool. Just when i'm done photo chopping, there are areas thAt need just very little, not needing background, nor smudge.. Any help would appreciated :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

When zooming a picture with TR's Dodge it scales the picture up very well without jigsaw lines (I then take a PrtSc of it), what scaling filter is it using? I have tried many filters in the plugin G'MIC-QT but didn't find anyone that came even close to doing this like TR's Dodge.

Update: Resizing with Paint.net makes even less jigsaw lines (not zooming though). A photo viewer called ImageGlass was zooming with jigsaw lines (I think it uses Nearest Neighbor), so I was looking for a better zoomer. But when resizing up with Best Quality, I think it is same as Bicubic, a 100x100px image to 1000x1000 it still has some jigsaw lines. So I wonder if there is any resize plugin or filter in general which is even better than the regular ones in the list of resampling, perhaps non-seperable Lanczos interpolation or Lagrange resampling (hopefully Paint.net will incorporate it then)?

Or sinc filter which this paper says is the best but DFT has pixel-ripples so it would be better with DCT: http://www.ijircce.com/upload/2014/december/27_A_Review.pdf 
bk978-0-7503-1233-2ch4f7_online.jpg
Image expert Nicolas says, besides sinc/jinc filter (these require extra cpu-calculation power), Mitchell filter is the best for enlarging images (better than bilinear, bicubic, etc), the other filters are good for shrinking images, "For enlarging images 'Mitchell' is probably about the best filter you can use, while basically any of the Windowed Filters (default is 'Lanczos') are good for shrinking images:

Maybe Mitchell filter is not the best?:
interpolation_methods.png
Edited by frer8833

• 3 months later...

Hello @Kathleen Stemler and welcome to the forum :)

I use this Plugin called TR's Doge and Burn Tool:  TR's Dodge and Burn (Blur and Sharpen)(Feb 25th, 2015) Re-Posted - Page 3 - Plugins - Publishing ONLY! - paint.net Forum (getpaint.net)  The download link is found on the first page under his last video.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.