Windows 10 Store

GreenJelly

• 1 year later...

I'd like to support this request since W10 Anniversary has bridge to bring classic apps to windows store.
Also this update has API to support application extensions distribution via Store.  

• 2 months later...

I'd love to see it on the Windows Store. I'm so sick of downloading and running installers and custom update methods.

Microsoft released the Desktop App Converter to publish Win32 and .Net desktop applications on the Windows Store without the need of converting to UWP.

I wouldn't mind if it'd be offered at a reasonable price in the Store, to offset the extra work and the (maybe necessary) removal of the donation button, while keeping the free version on the website for those who don't want to or cannot pay for it (yet).

Edited by Hazard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎30‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 0:40 AM, Rick Brewster said:

I'm hoping to do this at some point, it's just in the queue along with a million other things :) 

You got news for this? I'm patiently waiting for every developer out there to support Windows Store and you seem like an open-minded one :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also want to see paint.net in the Windows Store. And if there is any interest maybe I can help :)

I have just published a desktop application in the Windows Store. Instead of using the Desktop App Converter I did everything manually. It's not hard to do this but it takes to time to get all details right. The result is a file contain a manifest, tiles, references to dependencies and all files that needs to be installed. 

Now I think it should be quite easy to adapt this to paint.net. In principle, I just need to change some strings and change which files that needs to be installed. Then I can send everything to you so you have a good starting point. This assumes that the current installer doesn't do any crazy things in the system :).

• 1 month later...

While i agree that using Project Centennial to convert an existing app to Windows Store app is very simple, even doing it manually.  A program as feature rich as paint.net I feel like would be awesome to be re-written in UWP.  Obviously this would be a challenging project.  The automatic updating feature that paint.net currently has would seemingly be antiquated if the developer would go to the Store app idea.  Which seems like it could be a bit of work to strip out of the program.  Like I've stated before, I'm no app developer.

I have been quietly been lurking around the forums for years never posting, in fact i just made my account to share my $0.02!

Keep up the great work Rick and Team.

Cheers!

There are only three things I want from paint.net before it is "perfect"

1. I want it to be distributed via the windows store.

2. I want a dark theme

3. I want a cmd/batch processor interface.

Anyone else?

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

OK, Given that I still think lap tops are where kittens sit and a desk top  is to hold my Commodore 64 and my dial phone, What is the advantage/big deal/big whoop about getting  paint. net on the Windows store?  More exposure to acquire more new usurers? , a way to charge $ so Rick can by a new Tesla (KIDDING Rick)  Seriously though: why?

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️