BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.0.6+ Updated Feb 15, 2017

96 posts in this topic

BoltBait,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the Effects, Palette, and Adjustment plugins you have provided over the years. I am a technical writer and use PDN exclusively for all my graphics work. It would not be nearly as effective without all your hard work. I hope your financial situation improves soon (been there, done that, multiple times).  

Good luck and best regards,

BrianB

I am getting this error when I go to install it, I am using the latest version of paint.net. 
9y3vr4.png

0rnocg.png

Edit: I got it to work, but only when I had paint.net installed on my c drive in the programs folder. I usually just have my os on my c drive and everything else on a different drive is the thing. This is seems to have lead to the error, because I had not "installed" paint.net on this installation of my os, so windows was confused where to go (I guess). After I re-installed it to the correct drive I wanted it on it all seems to work. Basically the last time I reinstalled windows I formatted that drive, which was perfectly fine since it had no important programs on it but that lead to the error. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by kolopo
resolved issue

Yes, the installer requires paint.net to be "installed" on the target system.  The reason for this is because the installer looks in the registry to find out where paint.net is installed.  If it wasn't installed, the paint.net registry key won't be there and the installer will be confused.

I just added Meme Maker v1.3 to my plugin pack.

I have searched this thread high and low and cannot find the plugin's download option. Can someone tell me where it is hiding?

All of the blue arrows in the first post are pointing to it.

The old outline effect used to be so much better than this new one D:
I used it all the time because it was perfect, but this new one... it's lacking a lot in customization
The old one had Hardness values 0-255, and very big sizes, which where very useful to me because I make HD images. But now, this... I can't use this. The Glow effect with Full Radius, No Brightness and Full Contrast is better than this. I really wish there was a way to use the old Outline effect in the newer versions of Paint.net...

1 hour ago, JustinTheOreo said:

Where is the download button?

It is in the first post.

You need to add more blue arrows BoltBait :mrgreen:

I can only do so much... :P

It is surrounded by little blue arrows and says BoltBait45.zip

Doesn'Doesn't work for me as well.

When trying to install I get first an error message:

Failed: Rainbow.txt

A part of the path "C:\Users\myusername\paint.net\User Files\Palettes\Rainbow.txt couldn't be find, see screenshot to see the original message in German.

The plugins are copied to the right place, but since this described part fails maybe it doesn't work.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance, I think the collection is great. 

P.s.: Unpacking the exe is not possible to manually install.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Unbenannt.png

Unfortunately, paint.net does not store the palette folder path in the registry.  So, in the installer, I try to figure it out myself.

I'm curious, when you open paint.net, click the folder icon in the color docker window and choose "Open palettes folder"... what folder is opened?

Doesn'Doesn't work for me as well.

When trying to install I get first an error message:

Failed: Rainbow.txt

A part of the path "C:\Users\myusername\paint.net\User Files\Palettes\Rainbow.txt couldn't be find, see screenshot to see the original message in German.

The plugins are copied to the right place, but since this described part fails maybe it doesn't work.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance, I think the collection is great. 

P.s.: Unpacking the exe is not possible to manually install.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Unbenannt.png

Add the folders following it's path.

Edited by Whirl

I can't get the rainbow effect installed. It keeps saying it can't find my palette folder, even though it's there.

1 hour ago, pikachu464 said:

I can't get the rainbow effect installed. It keeps saying it can't find my palette folder, even though it's there.

You can download it here: 

transparency and most of these tools dont show up in the menu complete waste of time.. just a tip make your installer close after installing so people dont click thinking its the next program there trying to install... to waste more time