DoubleSliderLarge/Small change IndirectUI.

I have created a double slider
"props.Add(new DoubleProperty(PropertyNames.ExpCont, 0, -1, 1));" in OncreatePropertyCollection()

I am now trying to adjust the SliderLargeChange and SliderSmallChange in OnCreateConfigUI.
" configUI.SetPropertyControlValue(PropertyNames.ExpCont, ControlInfoPropertyNames.SliderLargeChange, 0.1);
  configUI.SetPropertyControlValue(PropertyNames.ExpCont, ControlInfoPropertyNames.SliderSmallChange, 0.1);"

The UpDownIncrement works as expected - but I'm happy with the default of 0.01.
Changing the values for SliderLarge/SmallChange doesn't appear to make any difference to the way the slider behaves?

Hopefully I would like the double slider to behave almost like an int slider but at increments of 0.1 (from -1 to 1) with the user being able to select finer adjustment (0.01) via the up/down arrows. Is this possible?

Setting both SliderLargeChange and SliderSmallChange to 0.1 does not work.
Neither does setting them to 10.0 (thinking it may be a percentage). Have I completely misunderstood what these values are for? (very likely!).

Any ideas?

(I'm improving my GradientsGalore plugin and using VSExpress2010 and targeting 3.5.NET)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Sorry, I'm still not 'getting it'. :/ :roll:

As far as I can see the 'UpDownIncrement' completely controls what the arrows do.
What parameters do 'SliderLargeChange' & 'SliderSmallChange' affect then?

Just curious
... I'll try to find another way.
It doesn't materially affect the effect but may make it easier for the user. ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks that explains it (partially).
UpDownIncrement changes the ^v increment ... so small change does?... I thought maybe the mouse wheel, but thought that was set in control panel?

Anyway - Many thanks for the info, they are not what I thought they were, so will not worry! ;)IOU+1 done

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Maybe a small hint.

SmallChange and LargeChange map to the TrackBar control part of the IndirectUI slider control (and not to the NumericUpDown control part).

So you could read the documentation of the c# TrackBar control.

SmallChange will be used by the arrow keys.

LargeChange by PageUp and PageDown plus by clicking to the left or right of the trackbar nub.

UpDownIncrement is used for the NumericUpDown control part only.

• Upvote 2

midoras signature.gif

I get it now - for some reasom I didn't think of looking it up on Msdn.
Anyway I've now found a way of keeping the standard double slider and just manipulating the decimal part, which works!
But thanks again for the useful replies.

PdnForumSig2.jpg