How to Install Plugins ×

MultiSpline (new 20th June 2015)

Red ochre

Great new plugin Red, nice work B)

Although I am not a tree hugger, after a quick play around I came up with an image to suit the weekends pilgrimage for the great un-washed :D
multispline%20tester_zpsrpm23jmu.png

• Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

Many thanks Drew!

I'll look out for you around Stonehenge at dawn. I'll be wearing Druidic robes ... and a smile! :lol:

:lol: I shall be slightly more traditonal and wear a red rose and carry the Sunday times :lol:

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Looks similar to Ed Harvey's Seismograph plugin.

I thought of mentioning that in the intro ... also similar to Midora's (M.O.)'lines and patterns'...even grid maker -  convergent evolution!

My main interest was exploring the 'cumulative' random spacing, the displacement from source tone was something I tried out in 'Cuboids' and found very useful, so included it here - halfway to 3D! - and for 'horizontal only', very similar to siesmograph but more versatile I.M.O. ;)

I'm sure if you fully explore what it can do, you will see the differences. (I don't have ILspy and am useless at reading other peoples code - you over estimate me again!) :roll: ;)

I think it could be useful for creating textures, but who knows what users will come up with?  I'm on a quest for a smoky ethereal geometry of aesthetics! B) :lol:

RacerX - Very good to see you on the forum again  :beer:  - I look forward to seeing what you've been creating! - the comp threads seem to cause so much competitiveness?- life's too short! - who cares, I just like seeing good images, moving or still!

Have you seen Goonfella's new bike? ( in the off-topic thread)

Thanks for posting the image too.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I'm sure if you fully explore what it can do, you will see the differences. (I don't have ILspy and am useless at reading other peoples code - you over estimate me again!) :roll: ;)

I'm sure Boltbaits remark was just a hint and not more.

Well done Red ochre (especially that you always provide this amount of examples with settings).

At some point we have to train a neuronal net to figure out which plugin may have produced an effect in an image. It's so difficult for me to remember the possibilities of all the plugins here in the forum (much more difficult than coding a new one ;-)

• Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif

Yeah I'll just post in the forums and stay away from the contests. I never really wanted to enter those anyway...

@ midora, This is only the second time I've read about neural processing (I'm not even sure what that means). You may be interested in a new 2x Upscale algorithm that uses neural processing to perform the upscale. If you run it under Linux you can actually teach it via training exercises. Even in Windows it works quite well but is very slow as it uses a 7-step processing to perform the upscale.

Here is a link if your interested: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/372157-New-upscaling-algorithm-waifu2x

Plane_Sig2.gif

zedeOt6.png

I've posted an updated version in the first post.
I noticed a small 'bug' with the opacity slider in the first version (I forgot to change the alpha for some of the colour options  :roll:  ).
I've also allowed negative displacement. This changes the U.I. slightly but all the examples are still possible by using the numbers in the screenshots.

Thanks Midora!
... but Intelligent computers may not want to be programmed! :D

(I.O.U +1) done!

Thanks for posting the metallic image Mottoman! ;)

Boltbait - thanks for clarifying! ;)

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks for posting the image RacerX!. ;)
For 3D-ish text, try black text on a white background, add a small Gausian blur, then run Multispline with a flat colour background and play with the displacement sliders.
The Opacity can be useful with larger line widths.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

... but Intelligent computers may not want to be programmed! :D

You are talking about yourself?

@ midora, This is only the second time I've read about neural processing (I'm not even sure what that means). You may be interested...

RacerX: If it belongs to actions or scripts you are a 'Hans Dampf in allen Gassen'. ;-)

I prepared a neural network (in hardware) once to detect special frequency patterns used to solve quality issues in production.

Sometimes it needs a special approach to solve special problems.

Not the typical tool needed in image processing...

midoras signature.gif

Red ochre thank you so much for the effort and plugin. That is why the images are in my gallery. dzetvzmm.gif

", so please do post any images of what you can create using it!"

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

For 3D-ish text, try black text on a white background, add a small Gausian blur, then run Multispline with a flat colour background and play with the displacement sliders.

That didn't work :/

what_zpstomzg18w.jpg

Y7O8WRy.png

Did you move the slider that says "Displacement" fully over to "from image"?

Perhaps these screenshots will help:

1. Blurred text on white layer 800 by 600.

http://i.imgur.com/NETkTAd.png

2. Run Multispline with these settings

http://i.imgur.com/8L3aLuH.png

2a. Or these

http://i.imgur.com/bTukZXD.png

You will probably get better results with a larger canvas size too. Good luck!

• Upvote 2

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks for the screenshots and help Redochre, I now understand the UI and sliders more. Here is one :)
it%20works_zpstsfqpoc8.png

• Upvote 1

Y7O8WRy.png

I'm unsure what to call the following, but I think it's something like embossed characters on a rusty corrugated tin pane... or something alike JC_thinking.gif

Anyway, I had to make a first use of the new toy JC_cheesy.gif

Thank-you-Red-MultiSpline_zpsfxgcvg3l.jp

• Upvote 3