Can Adjustments or Effects be called programmatically in C#

I will look at the Plug In Tutorial when I get off work, that might answer some of my questions, but I frequently have to perform the same task over and over (Example resize a set of images from a large size to a small size) or other adjustments such as resolution or to sharpen them.

Is there an API to call any of the effects? Could a DLL or plug in be created that allowed C# code to call Paint DOT NET methods?

Thank you for any help, I may not have enough time to create a plug in but I hate doing the same task over and over, it defeats the purpose of being a programmer.

I will look at the Plug In Tutorial when I get off work, that might answer some of my questions, but I frequently have to perform the same task over and over

Start here: http://boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/help/

(Example resize a set of images from a large size to a small size) or other adjustments such as resolution

Plugins can't do those things. Here are the limitations of Paint.NET plugins: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/14566-

or to sharpen them.

THAT you can do in a plugin.

Is there an API to call any of the effects? Could a DLL or plug in be created that allowed C# code to call Paint DOT NET methods?

Paint.NET is not designed to be called this way.

Thank you for any help, I may not have enough time to create a plug in but I hate doing the same task over and over, it defeats the purpose of being a programmer.

You're welcome.

Thanks for all your answers, I really wish you would reconsider the "Paint.Net is not designed this way";

It is very easy to create an API from any code and than expose any methods to the public; Thanks to your answer I now know a plug in will not work, so I give up, but calling methods would be easy for a public API, then I can write my own repeat methods so the tool can be extended.

I still like the program, but if you can't extend it is only as good as you can make it.

The price is right though.

Edited by DataJuggler