Animated Images

midora

These are two different types of plugins.

Its not a big surprise the the filetype files go to the FileTypes folder and the Effect files to the Effects folder.

I checked the readmes in the zips again. Both are correct.

Edited by midora

midoras signature.gif

"ts not a big surprise" Is that sarcasm?Oh well,I will have to do it the hard way.I did everything correct several times.Corect files into the correct folders but nothing will show.

"ts not a big surprise" Is that sarcasm?Oh well,I will have to do it the hard way.I did everything correct several times.Corect files into the correct folders but nothing will show.

Sorry no sarcasm. But if I would add the substring '.Effect' to a file name and then force people to put it in the FileTypes folder or vice-versa then this would be quite confusing. So the filenames of my plugin files typically provide a hint where to place them.

So if you put 'AnimateIt.Effect.dll' and 'AnimateIt.Effect.dlc' in the Effects folder and restart Paint.NET then you will not see the entry 'Effects->Tools->Animate It' in the menu?

If not then check in Paint.NET 3.5.11 if there is an entry in Menu->Utilities->View Plugin error.

Edited by midora

midoras signature.gif

@Johnny - are you looking for the plugin?  As a filetype it only shows up in the load/save dialog as a new extension.  There is no paint.net menu entry.

If there is time later on (after a first published version of the plugin) I would like to add more automation features like the water reflection transition which is so popular. Here a single image converted to a gif with a water reflection transition. This one is on giphy.

sunset%20blue%20landscape.gif

Midora, I really like that water/reflection effect. Looking forward for your implementation of that effect.

Plane_Sig2.gif

So if you put 'AnimateIt.Effect.dll' and 'AnimateIt.Effect.dlc' in the Effects folder and restart Paint.NET then you will not see the entry 'Effects->Tools->Animate It' in the menu?  Thanks for the reply.But are you asking me or telling me?Because I did exactly that and I dont have it under tools.

@ Ego ok ya,that clears it up a little.

.dll and .dlc files must be copied to FileTypes folder.

Nothing will show up if you put it anywhere else.  The two files MUST be in the \Filetypes\ folder.

Even when correctly installed you won't find it in the paint.net menus.  Filetype plugins only show as new extensions in the Load/Save dialogs (plus their own dialog - if required).  This is how Filetype plugins work.

You CANNOT change a Filetype plugin to an Effect-type by changing the location of installation.

!!! Important Update ImAGIF.FileType v0.7 (26.3.2015) !!!
- fixes an issue on XP and some Win7 installations where cloning of the bitmaps
  provided by the layers will return the original ones. So the filetype
  may corrupt the layer content in version 0.6.
- added optional parameter to the 'reverse' command to define the number of
  frames to reverse.
- added transition 'Blinds=D' (D may be hor or ver)

for URLs (all other '//' sequences will be removed from comments because
  they are used to start a command sequence in the layer names)

Update AnimateIt.Effect v0.2 (26.3.2015)
- Changed the UI to be more touch friendly
- Added some keyboard shortcuts
- Added menu line (press Alt or click the application icon top left of the
  window and select 'Show menu line' from the popup.)
- Support for animated IFF files (ANIM).
- On opening AnimateIt will play the 'Last Saved Animation' automatically.
How does this work? Some filetypes will detect that AnimateIt is installed. If
you are saving a file with one of these filetypes then a copy of the file will
be placed in the temp folder named 'AnimateIt.tia'. AnimateIt will check if this
file exists, detect its file format, load the file, and start the animation.
You may switch off this feature in the animation menu.

midoras signature.gif

Nice update. I like the ability for Animateit to auto open last saved gif. That helps making editing changes faster...

P.S. I figured out how to make the water reflection ripple animation effect in Aviutl. Lot's of options to choose from.

Plane_Sig2.gif

Nice update. I like the ability for Animateit to auto open last saved gif. That helps making editing changes faster...

As long as there is no api (beside of hacks) to access the layers from a tools plugin that's the best I can do in the moment to verify editing changes.

P.S. I figured out how to make the water reflection ripple animation effect in Aviutl. Lot's of options to choose from.

You do not expect that you will get a physics engine which simulates this I guess. In the moment there is just a basic implementation using an internally generated height map and a light source. But this is really far a way. Maybe a job for TR. In the moment we should get Spritesheets, APNG and AWEBP to run as filetypes and in AnimateIt.

midoras signature.gif

Very nice update and I too like that the last played gif plays automatically upon opening Annimate It. 

Again, I also look forward to the water reflection effect.

I couldn't resist playing again ..... this time with Yellowman's water drops!

after%20erasing%20some%20lines_zps2gidgh

And ............ some birdies :D .

yUEqyls.gif

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 3

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Nice birdies animation Pixey, looks like you're getting the hang of it rather quickly....

Anyway, I think a cool option (if it can be done) is the ability to import AVS scripts (Avisynth). This would open up many opportunities in my opinion. Unfortunately there is probably less than a handful of people here who even know what Avisynth is, much less use it's abilities...

Here is an image sequence I imported into Paint.net and added a text as " // foreground" and saved as 64 colors because I'm tired of the winter already... 

StreamLoop.gif

Edited by racerx
  • Upvote 1

Plane_Sig2.gif

Dear vbxcom7t.gif Very nice birdies animation. Thank you.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

animaatjes-3-3711eecea815d6b449aaf18d165! Beautifully creative and beautifully presented. Thank yo so much.

ovn6rxib.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I couldn't resist playing again ..... this time with Yellowman's water drops!

You shouldn't resist, if this is the outcome :-)

You are right their are several effects or plugins which can be used in an extended way to create animations. I like the motion blur.

Their is even a water reflection plugin you may try already.

Anyway, I think a cool option (if it can be done) is the ability to import AVS scripts (Avisynth). This would open up many opportunities in my opinion. Unfortunately there is probably less than a handful of people here who even know what Avisynth is, much less use it's abilities...

That's the issue. We have to be careful how to extend the minimalistic scripting which exists already (via commands the layer names). People will not use it if the thinks are too complex. Maybe we could add later more complex thinks to AnimateIt. If you are introducing a time line you could describe things in a graphical way.

The spring image is nice but there is this disturbing jump in the sequence IMHO. If you are taking sequences from a video (like I did in my signature) you should really check that end and starts match as good as possible.

I really must try out this plugin. Animations made with it are awesome!

Don't talk, do it ;-)

And not to forget, Seerose now starts to play with different effects. Great. I'm sure we will see some quiet impressive animations in the future.

Renamed the thread so that we can introduce the apng and awebp filetypes. For most of you these formats are not important in the moment because they are not supported by all browsers. But I like to add these features from the beginning.

Burma%20500x150%20-%203%20layers%20pdn.g

• Upvote 2

midoras signature.gif

I have been playing around with these plugins all afternoon but just can`t get the hang of it. I know they have readme files and examples but there is no substitute for a detailed tutorial - especially for a numpty like me. Any chance of one? 

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I have been playing around with these plugins all afternoon but just can`t get the hang of it. I know they have readme files and examples but there is no substitute for a detailed tutorial - especially for a numpty like me. Any chance of one? 

Not now from my side. But Pixey did one in the tutorial section.

But start with something simple. Create a new document with a vumeter without needle as background and name the layer "// background"

Now add more layers with the needle in different positions. Maybe from left to right. Save it as as .agif. If you now open Effect->Tools->AnimateIt then you will see you animation. The default speed of the frames is 100ms. You may change this by adding a duration to the bottom layer. I.e "//background; 50ms".

midoras signature.gif

Thanks. I`ll have a look at Pixey`s tut.

Progress at last! Midora with your help and Pixey`s tut I made this -

VU%20.gif

Not sure how to add it to my Amplifier though.

Edited by Goonfella
  • Upvote 2

Well one way is to add the amplifier to a blank layer below the meter. In the amplifier layer properties add " // background" (without the quotation marks). 

Plane_Sig2.gif

Thanks for this Midora! - only just tried it.

Both Filetype and 'AnimateIt' Effect installed and work well.
However I was confused as to why the duration layer commands did not work! - but realised the problem....
I also have the old .agif file type installed and was accidentally saving in that format. :roll:  (AnimateIt played them perfectly though!).

To avoid confusion I will be deleting the old Simon Brown 'AnimGIF.dll'.
I thought it maybe worth mentioning when you officially publish.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

To avoid confusion I will be deleting the old Simon Brown 'AnimGIF.dll'.

I thought it maybe worth mentioning when you officially publish.

You are right Red. There is a warning at the beginning of this thread but I missed to add it to the installation section of the readme.

Maybe I will wait to publish ImAGIF. FileType up to the point that ImAPNG.FileType is ready. So that these two filetypes can replace the whole functionality of AnimGIF.dll. The 32bit version is ready but I'm still fighting to get the 64bit compiler to run on the new laptop.

@racerx: The fire place cycling looks quite well. That's what I'm expecting from you ;-)

@Goonfella: You got it quite fast. Now you can place the whole animation on top of the amplifier background or create an amplifier foreground with holes. Still the tool is limited. To do an animation with multiple independent objects is a lot of work. That's why I told you in the other thread that we may add group commands, which allows you to define sub-sequences which you can add to the animation at specific locations. BTW: I know you like to do realistic looking things. So why not add a small shadow to the needle?

A general warning some image hosters like photobucket deliver gif files which do not contain the gif instead there is some javascript inside the file which links to the hoster (i.e. goonfellas vu-meter.gif). If you are downloading these files you will not be able to open them with a standard image viewer or editor. ImAGIF.FileType and AnimateIt.Effect will show dedicated error message for this special case in the next versions.

Edited by midora

midoras signature.gif

I have my own graphic equalizer as well for the amplifier. I also tried adding the VU animation but the plugin just scrolls through the different layers so first the VU moves and then the equalizer but not both at the same time - which is fine as it is just how the plugin is supposed to work.

I thought maybe instead I could have layers containing the movements of both the equalizer and the VU needle so as the plugin scrolls through the layers both should move giving the result I am after. More work but its the only way I can see to get both working at the same time.