Looking for a plugin to manipulate letters separately.

First off I LOVE paint.net 4.0.5. When it comes to writing programs I am a"DUH". That is why I am asking if there is a Plugin that allows me to manipulate each letter individually. Make it bigger or smaller, wider or thinner, tilt them anyway I want. 

I do use some of the text plugins now that I have. Thanks in advance.

I'm unsure of the plugins you have (dpy's plugin pack?), but they will almost certainly work on a single letter at a time. Of course this means running the plugin MANY times to complete a single sentence.

In all cases I would place each letter on it's own transparent layer. This is so the letter can be resized, rotated and moved independently of all the other letters.

Edit:  Absolutely ninja'd by Pixey.

I'm about to release my "Markup Renderer" plugin.  This might extend the possibilities to transform text as it allows HTML + CSS + JavaScript to be rendered to the canvas.  

I'm planning to release it this weekend.

• Upvote 1

I'm about to release my "Markup Renderer" plugin.  This might extend the possibilities to transform text as it allows HTML + CSS + JavaScript to be rendered to the canvas..

This sounds interesting. Looks like it has to be placed in the 'Advanced' section. Go on.

midoras signature.gif

Good suggestion.  Effects > Advanced it is.

EGO  (always nice when a good-looking guy admits to what he is at heart!  :) )

Can you please answer what I asked in another post that wasn't seen? I guess. Is there any way to move/set text words closer to each other--without such a wide space between them?

One letter at a time would be excruciatingly painful! The words are in a code font that goes back to normal at the slightest variant in text--such as a comma even.

I looked for a font setting that might dictate spacing between words but couldn't find it. As to your new plug in--HTML, I know what that is (not how to work It!) Java I think I know but CSS??

You always help me solve my some what unusual questions--I hope you can do the same for me now.

Renee

The easiest way to do this is to render the text as per normal spacing with the text tool, then move the words individually.

On the text layer, use the Rectangle Select tool :RectangleSelectTool: to make a selection that covers one entire word.  

Activate the Move tool :MoveTool: and use the left or right arrow keys to move the selection closer to the neighboring word.

Repeat as needed.

While I'm sure that my Markup Renderer plugin can do this - it's an awfully complex way to achieve it.  You would do better to try the above suggestion - it's much easier.

First Ego--thank you. I had done the select and used the move tool, but I couldn't move the words--just using the little dots move parts that left the checkerboard behind. So now i'll use the arrows!

BoltBait--you're so sweet to offer a suggestion but you may as well have asked if I use some Astroparticle physics!  'Fraid I don't know what a vector is--an editor, yes--a vector editor have no idea.

But thank you anyway. I was flattered that you didn't really think I'm as big a klutz as I know I am--about certain things and this unfortunately is one of them.

Renee

First Ego--thank you. I had done the select and used the move tool, but I couldn't move the words--just using the little dots move parts that left the checkerboard behind. So now i'll use the arrows!

The checkerboard pattern is a direct consequence of trying to move a section when you have your text AND background in the same layer.  ALWAYS put your text on it's own transparent layer.  That way you can move the text about without affecting the background in any way.  See Pixey's great example in post #2.