Help Wanted: Competition Host

Daniels

After some thought, I have decided that my hosting abilitites have hampered by how busy I have been lately. School has picked up pace, and it will only continue after the holiday... Therefore, I think that the best thing to do to keep this competition alive would be to pass on the torch to someone else. I've really enjoyed hosting, and I hate to go, but it's not fair to you all or to the competition to continue hosting when I can't devote the necessary time to it. So, for anyone who would like to get involved, I wish you the best of luck :)

P.S.: By no means is this a goodbye. I still plan to pop in and enter a comp or two when I can. You all are just too nice for me to just up and leave :)

• Upvote 5

School does happen. All the best in the future and Merry Christmas. bdzdah9w.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I'm sad to see you are no longer able to be a competition host. I really liked and appreciated your hosting. But, it sounds like life is being busy for you, which can sometimes be a good thing as new doors open for new opportunities. So I hope all goes well for you and I thank you very much for the time and effort you gave us in being a host. I am happy to hear that this isn't a good bye though, and that you will still try to be around sometimes.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can step up to be a host. Which is some-what disappointing, because I am always lurking the forums whenever I can. And since I am around more often than not, you would think that I might make for a decent host, because hosts have to be around for the starting of competitions and running the voting. But, despite me being around often, and seeming to be logged in 24/7, I actually am not always at my computer. Whether I am logged in or not, I've been known to AFK for up to three days or even a week. Also, I will admit that I'm horrible at being constant or reliable with doing things on a regular basis. However, maybe some day I could try being a substitute host, but for right now, the holidays have me busy.

Just out of curiosity, how does someone even be a host? Like what all do they have to do and how do you learn how to do those things? I mean, I don't even know how to do polls for these forums. And what about time zone stuff? Understanding time zones has never been my strong point, I'm bad with numbers and dates.

The Comp Hosts (present and former) and forum staff will be happy to help any aspiring applicants into a new role. 

Being a competition host takes commitment, but the role is not onerous.

I would like to thank Daniels for the work done.  You've done a marvelous job!

• Upvote 1

Thank you @Daniels for being such a great host - it was most appreciated :D .

I would be happy to do it - but I'd need to be taught how to set it up :mrgreen: .  Hope I can manage it and don't screw up :/ .

• Upvote 4

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Daniels, many thanks for the great job you've done hosting in the past. School will serve you for the rest of your life, therefore you must give it your all, as you've rightly mentioned :D I'm sure you will do well.

Pixey, I'm sure you will make a great host. There are plenty of us willing to help you out :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Pixey, I'm sure you will make a great host. There are plenty of us willing to help you out :D

Indeed. There is also a host only section with a tutorial about how to set up a poll done by nitenurse79. I would also offer you any help too. :)

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

I'm sure Pyrochild will be along shortly to perform the necessary promotion.

Congrats Pixey!

• Upvote 1

I'm sure Pyrochild will be along shortly to perform the necessary promotion.

Congrats Pixey!

Thank you @EER :D .  So I will have this ready for @Pyro  t07035.gif :P .

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks so much @Drew, @Pyro, @Red and the others for their offers of help.  I'm just about to start the next comp  :mrgreen: ....... hope I get it right smiley-ashamed001.gif .   

I will have to let it run a few days over the normal 2 week period, as I'll be travelling and away from the computer on the 10th & 11th Jan.  

Thanks so much for your support folks smiley-love016.gif  

• Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif