How to Install Plugins ×

Toggle Alpha Channel

wbeard52

I created a plugin that will toggle the alpha channel by taking 255 and subtracting the alpha channel value.  It was originally designed so that I can quickly change the color of text and other transparent areas of the picture without having to redraw them.  Text and lines are still anti-aliased except that the inner part is transparent.  You can choose to ignore pixels that are already transparent and/or add a border next to the anti-aliasing.  You can even change the color of the layer if you choose.

I hope you enjoy this.  The DLL and the source code is included in the ZIP file.  Place the DLL in the effects folder.  I've also attached a picture showing what the plugin does.

Toggle Alpha Channel.zip

post-137911-0-60237200-1414005797_thumb.

Hi wbeard52 and thanks for your plugin!

It sounds a lot like this one Invert Alpha.  Can you please tell us the differences?

Completely different!

This plugin will allow you to keep the transparent pixels from the source canvas transparent.  It will place a one pixel border around any pixel that is not transparent and you can change the color of the pixel from the GUI.  Although I am only illustrating text, this will work with any shape

post-137911-0-52962400-1414078095_thumb.

Edited by wbeard52