How to Install Plugins ×

Radial Fade

Rei

Well done..... but can't this be done with the transparent option of the Gradient tool (in Radial mode)?

It can indeed. I didn't  even see that option, and feel like an idiot for having gone through all that.
Meh, at least I got some experience out of it.

That being said, it seems to me the transparency gain over distance to center can't be tampered with, so I guess this still can be useful... -ish.

You made a nice job of your first plugin. A good learning experience!

I'm sure some users will find it useful due to the slight differences between the two.

Are you going to compile the dll and upload it (zipped)? If you are, there are a few nice features you can include in the source before compiling. See http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/codelab/help/buildingdll.asp (under heading DEFAULTS).

Thanks :) Strangely, I thought I added the zip with the dll and a .bat that installs it ; but it's obviously not there. Something must've gone wrong, I'll try it again.

If you are, there are a few nice features you can include in the source before compiling. See http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/codelab/help/buildingdll.asp (under heading DEFAULTS).

Thanks, I'll do that next time, but I already have the zip on my desktop, so I won't go through the whole recompiling process.

EDIT : OK, I  added the dll to my first post. Thanks for pointing that out, Ego.

Edited by Rei

Sometimes I find the transparent gradient tool a bit tricky to use (lol), so I'm sure this plugin will come in handy!

Perhaps an option to pan the effect would also be useful! :)

• Upvote 1

signature.png

:cookie-chocolate: I baked another one...

Puzzled. How to install another file ? In effects folder or somewhere else ?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you're wondering which submenu you can find the effect after installation; it should be Effects\Render.

Sometimes I find the transparent gradient tool a bit tricky to use (lol), so I'm sure this plugin will come in handy!

Perhaps an option to pan the effect would also be useful! :)

Great to know it's useful!

I'll try working on a panning system ; but in the meantime you can select the area you want to fade ; since this works by selection : it will fade from the center to the edge of the selection. You might be able to make do with that until I implement the panning. Thanks for the idea! :)

EDIT : Implemented panning :)

Edited by Rei

Where does the Windows Batch File go please ? 

You put both files on your desktop and double-click the .bat. Or you put the dll file in Program Files\paint.net\Effects and the bat in the recycle bin.

You put both files on your desktop and double-click the .bat. Or you put the dll file in Program Files\paint.net\Effects and the bat in the recycle bin.

Thanks for the prompt reply Rei :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Hey, you're actually giving the answer I need. Thanks !

Cheerio !

ba2ec8c.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My guess is you're free to modify, obfuscate, and build on the posted code.  Even though no license or conditions have been mentioned, the author is still entitled to be credited with the original idea and code.  A solid attribution and perhaps a link to this thread would be a good idea.

I see you've posted the source code, but I'm not seeing any sort of license. Please let us know what freedoms, if any, are available to us in relation the code.

Done, thanks.

Edited by Rei

• 5 months later...

You're using paint.net 3.5.11. This plugin only works with paint.net 4.0+

You should upgrade. It's free. Go to http://www.getpaint.net/download.html to get it (noting the system requirements).

Ah, thanks for the replies.

My computer is a bit of a mess at the moment. I'm in Bali on my laptop, which came with Windows 7 plus free upgrade to 8 and 8.1. Earlier in the year I installed Windows 10 with the Insider Program, but after too many gliches returned to Win 7. Unfortunately I now only have Win 7, I can no longer use free Win 8. Now, for some reason, my laptop refuses to install Win 7 SP1, which Paint.net 4.0 needs.

So thanks for the 3.5 version, I'll install when I get home.

• 4 months later...

@Rei...I use this plugin all the time. Thank you so much for making it!    :)