Help! C# Plugin Error!

Lightning Strike

Hello, I am Lightning strike. I recently found an Error, I followed the code I got from BoltBait's tutorial, I recently understanded how C# works with Paint.net. I then made a plugin in Visual Studio Express Edition 2013, The Errors are as follows: "Error 1 The name 'LayerBlendModeUtil' does not exist in the current context" and also "Error 2 The name 'LayerBlendMode' does not exist in the current context", even though I know what they mean, I havn't an idea on how to fix this, could someone give me instructions or something tho help?

Edited by Lightning Strike

Many Thanks - Lightning strike:mouth:

I did, Bolt Bait, it just doesn't want to work.

I'm not new to C#, but this is a complete insanity. I made sure "Allow Unsafe Code" was on over and over again...

Many Thanks - Lightning strike:mouth:

You must add a reference to PaintDotNet.Data.DLL in order to use the LayerBlendModeUtil class.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

The VS template probably referenced the older DLLs (from paint.net 3.5.11). You'll need to point the references to the new DLL's for paint.net 4.x.  Find these in the Solutions Explorer pane under References.  If you see small yellow warning triangles against the four PaintDotNet.* entries, you'll need to update the path to these references.

Right click on 'References' and select 'add Reference...'

In the window that appears,  select the 'Browse' tab and navigate to (Computer)  C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/

double-click on PaintDotNet.Base.dll

Repeat the process for the other three DLL's: PaintDotNet.Core.dll, PaintDotNet.Data.dll, PaintDotNet.Effect.dll

• 3 weeks later...