Uninstalled 3.5.11 by mistake (Vista)

Wonderer

I would really like it if a previous version could be available and would like to know if this would be possible. I accidently uninstalled my old version of Paint.NET and cannot get it back (I have tried what I can to undo it and it won't work). I am using windows vista and thus cannot use the new version as it only works for Windows 7 or later. I liked Paint.NET so I am dissappointed to hear that older versions are not available. I would also like to know why older versions are currently not available, seeing as many people can now not use this program unless they have a new OS.

Thank you.

Forum Rules #7 explains it fairly well. The number of users running 3.5.11 because their OS is ancient is fairly small. Too small for a single developer to support.

You can probably find a copy online. Or you could restore it from your most recent backup (which you do regularly, right?)

I would really like it if a previous version could be available and would like to know if this would be possible. I accidently uninstalled my old version of Paint.NET and cannot get it back (I have tried what I can to undo it and it won't work). I am using windows vista and thus cannot use the new version as it only works for Windows 7 or later. I liked Paint.NET so I am dissappointed to hear that older versions are not available. I would also like to know why older versions are currently not available, seeing as many people can now not use this program unless they have a new OS.

Thank you.

I believe in May 2011 Rick announced that the minimum OS supported for Paint.Net 4 would be Windows 7, and in september 2011, OS usage of Paint.Net 3.5.3 or newer was 55% Windows 7, 33% Windows XP, and only 11% Windows Vista. Rick hasn't reported new usage statistics, but I'm presuming that "many" people have either upgraded to Windows 7/8, or upgraded to some other program that will cater to their minority

addendum: I believe "Not Providing Previous Versions" falls under the umbrella of "Not Supporting Previous Versions"

Edited by gubment_cheez

You know the place.

I have tried looking for a copy online, the only issue with that is finding a reliable download source, I tried one but my Antivirus found an issue with it. I have tried to restore my computer to before I uninstalled paint but an unknown error occurred that prevented me from retrieving the program that way. Would you happen to know of a reliable download source? I'll have to have another look later, otherwise I could probably copy it from another computer in a months time. 

Hmm. I just read rules #7 and #8, I did not notice these before. I think that's a shame, especially number eight (specifically the last two sentences in the first paragraph,as it sounds inconsiderate and unopen to criticisms or opinions regarding previous versions/requirements, I find the second paragraph better though, as it is more informative and relevant).

Oh well. I do thank you Ego Eram Reputo for pointing that out to me and Gubment for the statistics. Also, thank you both for your swift replies.

Edited by Wonderer

Wonderer and gubment_cheez, you are beating a dead horse that will bite you.     :)

and uhh which horse am I beating?

You know the place.