How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Custom Random Filler (January 28th, 2015)

TechnoRobbo

I just went and downloaded this for the first time at your updated link for version 1.03 and can't seem to get it to work in either version of pdn. Am I missing something to get it to work? Is there a size limit on the png's?  Does it need to be on it's own layer? (tried both) 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Is there a size limit on the png's?  

Yes there is a size limit. The image being used for filling must be smaller than the image being filled.

This is a safety so people don't crash it. I have another version in the pipeline ( constrains whole images within a selection ) I will add that instruction to the button. I will also publish a video to go with it.

Post Edit

Here's a preview of v 1.4 just for you Skully ( and anyone else who reads this)

• Upvote 2

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

( and anyone else who reads this)

Yes Sir!  B)  Thank you so much, that's very kind of you!  3hkjxt6b.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Maya says "Thank You TR" ,cool plugin.   :D

Not sure if it was me not waiting long enough or a bug but I used this to test it,saved as a png also and then closed it in pdn v 4.0.3. Then I opened another image,edited it , saved it and closed that too, both without closing down pdn. Then I opened a new canvas 800x 600 and attempted to use the plugin again and the program froze up on me. The cancel button did nothing and I finally did a forced restart of my pc. After restarting and opening pdn again it worked to make this picture. I did not try and use it a second time in that session. Getting used to things crashing in 4.0.3 as I am with the sounds of progress out my window. Have to try it in the forbidden version,lol

9-e_zps6a362db4.png

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 2

If it's a large image and you start with the default 300 Fill Count at full scale, then it may take a long time drawing images that will eventually be covered up. With large fill images starting with 100 Fill Count will speed it up. Reducing the scale also speeds things up.

The thing to look for is this

Progressbar.png?raw=1

If this is visible (but not animated because it's single threaded) then the plugin is still working. To my knowledge there's no way for it to get into an endless loop (there's a couple safety checks) but the size and count of the fill image can certainly drag it down.

Is that your grand daughter? - she's so cute!

+1  for cuteness.

• Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Thanks Tr, I can see this is going to take some getting used to like the new version of pdn.   ;)

Yep,that is my youngest grandaughter out of three and there is another on the way. Hope this one is a grandson though,getting outnumbered with girls,lol.   :)

Thanks for the update.

I tried the constrain image within a selection. It works only when there is no rotation applied.

I also noticed that, when the fill count is very low, the scattered images tend to group and leave too much empty spaces.

This is not a request but anothert project could be a "World Cloud Generator" (Just an idea).

Thanks again for all the time you generously give.

mariposa-47a9145.png

• Upvote 1

I tried the constrain image within a selection. It works only when there is no rotation applied.

that is something addressed in the next release(containing diagonal bounding-boxes) as well as an animated progress bar to alleviate SkullBonz's frustration and making it Plugin Browser compatible. I had to port it to Visual Studio to make the changes possible.

Not all bounding-boxes can be constrained to an arbitrary selection, so it makes 100 attempts to fit the image then moves on.

I also noticed that, when the fill count is very low, the scattered images tend to group and leave too much empty spaces.

It is random 

This is not a request but anothert project could be a "World Cloud Generator" (Just an idea)

What is that? do you mean Word Cloud? As in this link http://www.jasondavies.com/wordcloud/#%2F%2Fwww.jasondavies.com%2Fwordtree%2Fcat-in-the-hat.txt

Very Cool Image BTW +1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

that is something addressed in the next release(containing diagonal bounding-boxes) as well as an animated progress bar to alleviate SkullBonz's frustration and making it Plugin Browser compatible. I had to port it to Visual Studio to make the changes possible.

Not all bounding-boxes can be constrained to an arbitrary selection, so it makes 100 attempts to fit the image then moves on.

It is random 

What is that? do you mean Word Cloud? As in this link http://www.jasondavies.com/wordcloud/#%2F%2Fwww.jasondavies.com%2Fwordtree%2Fcat-in-the-hat.txt

Very Cool Image BTW +1

I guess the scattered images randomly attract.

Oops! Yes, that is what I wanted to write. The link you provided does a nice job but it does not constrain the text inside a selection. 

Edited by Eli

Just can`t get this plugin to work TR. After reading through the thread in case I was doing something wrong I saw that the plugin image had to be smaller than the actual image so I thought this might be it. So I started with a canvas of 1600x1200, ran the plugin, chose a small png image - but nothing happened. I noticed that there should be a preview so you can see the effect before clicking OK but I don`t even get this. I tried making a new layer, as I know some plugins only work this way, ran it again still with no joy.
I have the latest version, as I downloaded the latest version of your plugin pack only yesterday, and PDN 4.0.3.

I`m sure it must be me as everyone else seems to have no probs but I just can`t figure out what I am doing wrong. :roll:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Wow! It works like a charm. Before it would freeze when I tried to run it a second time.

There is one litle thing I miss: the boxes to enter the values for shadows and rotation. It was more accurate to find the direction of shadow I had used in a previous session. For the rotation, by typing the number, it allowed me to quickly find the horizontal or vertical amount of rotation.

I found a solution for the espace left by randomization: I select that area and run the plugin again  :) .

I found a solution for the space left by randomization: I select that area and run the plugin again   :) .

As a safety the plugin currently makes 2000 attempts to fit an image with in it's constraints before it gives up and allows the image to go past the borders. Selecting an area smaller than the image's bounding box will force it to give up. 

There is one litle thing I miss: the boxes to enter the values for shadows and rotation. It was more accurate to find the direction of shadow I had used in a previous session. For the rotation, by typing the number, it allowed me to quickly find the horizontal or vertical amount of rotation.

But text boxes are so boring.  :(  Ok, I'llt ry and include them on a future version  :D 

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Works fine now TR, thanks very much. I don`t know what you did with the update but it has cured all my problems. ;)

I agree about the text boxes though. I also find it easier and more accurate than sliding scales.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Mottoman - http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y461/mottoman1/shapes_zps9a34a1b0.png

Mottoman, takes a lot of balls to make an image like that.

Eli and Goonfella - I listened ,I ignored you, I listened again and Viola - little boxes to put big numbers in!!!  

V1.4.2 Ready for Download

RandomFillerMenu.PNG?raw=1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Helllo TR, I just downloaded 1.4.2. I have the little boxes back. I can see the numbers change when I move the sliders. However, none of the boxes  (Fill count, Shrink, Shadows, Rotation)  work when I type a number even if I hit Randomize.