Ellipse Select Tool

DefendSpan

Trying to use the Ellipse Select Tool, to gloss text, after selecting the tool and selecting intersection I then hold down the left mouse key to form the ellipse...but when i release the left mouse button  the ellipse dissapears so naturally i cannot complete the gloss. 

Welcome to the forum DefendSpan :D

Intersection selection mode retains the overlapping areas between two (or more) selections.  You shouldn't need to use this mode for a basic elliptical selection.  Choose the default Replace mode and simply click & drag to form the elliptically shaped selection. 

Maybe this question has the same answer but I am confused. In the older version I used to be able to make an ellipse using the Draw Shape Outline mode and hold the shift key to drag the outline straight down. Is there a bug in the way this works in 4.0.3 or am I missing something?

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

In either case, SHIFT forces the ellipse shape/selection to be circular.

Skull, is right though, there is a difference in shape behaviour, the shape tool needs to be dragged diagonally when holding shift to create a circle, previously straight down worked.

And all the time I thought it was just me ............ I preferred the old way ;)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Shift does not do what it used to do when you make a round shaped outline. Instead of being able to line it up on a center line, you now have to drag it diagonally because shift does nothing and lining it up or adjusting the thickness is very near impossible.

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery