Need help on making small hair strings transparent

So I have this photo

rightthingtodo_zps3dd821ee.png

(Cute I know  :P )

So I am trying to make the small strings of hair transparent without that white wall background being there.So if there is any plugins or ways to get around this please tell me.(Don't worry,I will put AA assistant went I'm done getting rid of the white background.)

Thanks in advance.  

Hi Wow - you can remove the white BG by using the magic wand tool :MagicWandTool: and change the Tolerance in the top toolbar to 16% ahd then press delete.  Keep doing this till you get all the white out.  Then you can always use the smudge tool to tidy up.  After which you can then use the Line Curve tool on a new layer and go over the hair and shirt to get a tidier result.

Here are the steps I used:

stepsschoolgirl_zps9618338a.png

For finer detail on the hair strands, make a new layer and with the color of your background (or just the eraser tool) and a small brush, paint up and down to go over the with the BG color:

finerhairdetail_zpscb33b819.png

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.