Getting Dither modes back for Brush.

After the last few updates I can no longer use a brush tool to paint in dither modes. The option is still there for other tools, but not for the brush tool.

As I primarily use PDN for the construction and editing of pixel artwork this has essentially ceased the functionality of the program for me. Is there any way I can get that mode back? 

I'm not sure what you mean by "dither mode".  Do you mean the legacy "Fill Modes" like this screenshot?

yhsjjie-810.png

They have been removed from the brush in 4.x.  You can still access them via the paint bucket fill tool  :PaintBucket: though

1. create your region with the paint brush as per normal.

2. Select the region with the magic wand tool.

3.  Fill the selection with the paint bucket using the fill mode you want.

yhsjjie-439.png

• Upvote 3

Thanks Drew. I'm currently assisting in the rewrite of PDN documentation - so I'm finding out a few things.

I could write a book.....No wait. I did that :lol:

• Upvote 1

My answer is best because  wrote it :P

• Upvote 1

As I said in an other thread already. If you are thinking about then I would propose to implement to different brush tools: FillBrush and PaintBrush.

FillBrush would be the simple old PaintBrush w/o spacing and hardness Means you would paint a 1 bit mask anti-aliased at the border and filled with the solid color or bi-color pattern.

PaintBrush would allow spacing, hardness and maybe other features you could expecti from a brush system. So that you can simulate different brush effects like marker or chalk.

midoras signature.gif