Mirror an image diagonally?

tomy

Seems like it should be simple right? Mirror the image horizantally, then vertically. Then take the top right triangle and paste it over the new image. Unfortunately, that result in something different that expected. Take the following image (sorry for 5 second image and a lack of drawing skills):

Ol_Macdonald_s_Resort_022.jpg

and here is what you get instead:

Ol_Macdonald_s_Resort_0222.jpg

Rotating the image 180 degrees gives same result. But I know this is possible, it has to be! I can draw a picture both in my mind and in theory of what it would look like. It can be done on paper, just paint one side and fold it over the other. And in theory you could rotate the image 45 degrees, slice it and mirror it that way, but then pixel accuracy is lost, not to mention is works only with perfect squares. So how is it done? Any plugin for this, or can it even be done without? What method am I missing? Is it possible at all with rectangles? I did try a plugin called Mirror / Flip, but it didn't seem to do anything I couldn't using Paint.NET's normal menu.

Thanks for any help

A=C/2*r
Yes, I am a Janus. Yes, I figured that out myself.

Mirror over Line

Results may be odd as you have an image with unequal W & H, but here's what I got

yhsjjie-415.png

You may need to select and stretch the results to fill the lower left corner.

Hmmm... I wonder how I could go about doing that... perspective maybe.

Anyways, thank you so much for the recommendation!

Edited by tomy

A=C/2*r
Yes, I am a Janus. Yes, I figured that out myself.