How to Install Plugins ×

Dryad - Trees,Flowers,Fractals (Update 30th July 2014)

Red ochre

TR - that's Grrrreat! - where's the tiger gone? ;)
(many thanks for the general programming support and thanks for posting the image).

Ventor1 - thank you!

Cc4FH - Thanks! - your favourite colours?

The examples showing the U.I. are 'straight from the box'. That one also uses Furblur as follows:
1. Use Dryad to get the tree shape, then ... duplicate the layer.
2. Top layer, turn it pink using 'Gradients Galore' with 'on object only' checked and an elliptical shape.
3. Run Furblur on top layer - I think it was with 'string theory' shape & high curvature & 'only keep fur'. To get the blossom.
4. Duplicate blossom layer make lower blossom layer white and displace upwards with the arrow keys to give impression of light.
5. Lowest layer with branches - used 'Object edge' to shade across the branches and give impression of roundness.
6. Create a sky layer below all and colour this with 'Gradients Galore'. (Uncheck the 'on object only' box).

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Wow.  This is a must-have.  Pinned.

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Quality plugin Red B) A lot of potential, have beer that man  :beer:  Congrats on a swift and worthy pin too. 

Here's a quick one.

dryad1_zps503b3e11.png

• Upvote 5

BREtKQW.png

Thanks Goonfella - I hope you find it useful! ;)

David - Thank you very much indeed - that's made my day! -"back of the .NET" (soccer/Alan Partridge/C# reference   :D )

Drew - Thanks! - good work with the image, many thanks for posting it. - I'll have that beer later! :beer: ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

A great new plugin Red ochre, thank you. congratz on the pin too :) Nice works from all on here. I got a little carried away with this one :D

Imagine_zpsbdb57892.png

• Upvote 3

swIFX9v.png

Cc4FH - Thanks! - your favourite colours?

The examples showing the U.I. are 'straight from the box'. That one also uses Furblur as follows:

1. Use Dryad to get the tree shape, then ... duplicate the layer.

2. Top layer, turn it pink using 'Gradients Galore' with 'on object only' checked and an elliptical shape.

3. Run Furblur on top layer - I think it was with 'string theory' shape & high curvature & 'only keep fur'. To get the blossom.

4. Duplicate blossom layer make lower blossom layer white and displace upwards with the arrow keys to give impression of light.

5. Lowest layer with branches - used 'Object edge' to shade across the branches and give impression of roundness.

6. Create a sky layer below all and colour this with 'Gradients Galore'. (Uncheck the 'on object only' box).

Thanks! <3

The funny thing is, even though I do love those colors, the real reason I wanted to know the settings was because the tree looked like a cherry tree, which I thought was pretty. :3

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

A tiger? In Africa?? (Month Python)

Red ochre! Many many thanks. wt7suwk6.gif

ozluvfet.png

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Sasha - nothing wrong with getting carried away - well, not physically of course!
Creative use of the plugin - thanks for posting! ;)

CC4FH - I've got a wild cherry growing in my garden (much bigger than the ornamental variety) - I should get it cut it down as the roots are pushing up a concrete path - but I love the blossom and the birds love the fruit.

TR & EER - De ja Vu? (again) - meaning of Lif?. :D

Seerose - Broccoli - plenty of iron and Vitamin C! - many thanks for posting. ;)

(sorry all - I keep running out of reps! - will catch up eventually :/ - Thank you all those that have responded and posted images! - much appreciated ;) )

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Well - I was sleeping as I missed this pluging, until @ER pointed it out in a reply to @Minni.  It's amazing and fun to play with ....... herewith my result: A Trippy Tree ;)

u1ozK81.png

• Upvote 4

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi Yellowman - I hope you didn't lose any work!
The error report says it is an 'out of memory' error.
This could possibly be because you were using it on a large image with many layers? - which would reduce the memory available for the plugin. I am NOT an expert I'm afraid. :/
The plugin will use a lot of memory when the 'iterations' slider is high - each extra iteration doubles the number of branches it has to deal with. I have not expienced this error even on the highest iterations setting but I mostly tested on the default canvas size. The only thing I can recommend is save your file before running the effect and keep the iterations slider a little lower.

Thanks for reporting this, if it happens regularly please let me know - (not that I can do much about it - but I could ask the expert programmers here if they have any ideas).

As for the effect being too fast!
As I understand it, changes in the U.I. (moving a slider) will cause the plugin to update - it is probably updating as you are moving the slider - there is not much I can do about this without affecting the performance in other ways.

Thanks for posting the image too! B)
------------------------------------------------
Pixey - sleeping? - never! - (writing useful tutorials more likely ;) ).
Glad you eventually found the effect! - Thanks for posting the image, I particularly like the 'watercolour' feel you have given to the small pink tree shapes at the bottom.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thank you Red ochre,

I was actually just trying the plugin on a 800 x 600 canvas on a two layers file, and I wasn't doing any significant work, so I haven't lost anything :)

And about the speed of the sliders, I think I wasn't clear enough, or maybe I am missing something, as an example; if you move the "Start Length" slider to the right, the resulted shape will go beyond the canvas ( extremely large),

but I think I am understanding the plugin step by step, by altering all other functions I can manage the results much better. 

• Upvote 1

Ah - I understand what you mean now! ;)
I allowed a big range on both 'start length' and 'length change ratio' to allow for a large variety of patterns. Generally reduce 'start length' before increasing 'length change ratio'. I thought that some of the more extreme settings would be useful for patterns that loop back onto to the canvas area, but see they can be confusing for making trees if most of the 'tree' is not on the canvas!

I will take another look at those values and see if I can find a better soloution.
I have some ideas.
Thanks.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Fantastic plugin. I am going to use this plugin in my tutorial on how to create organic rivers. I haven't seen another plugin capable of doing a branching like this.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the positive feedback johnnysdream and madcatprime - I look forward to seeing that tutorial!

UPDATE page one.

I've updated 'Dryad' - I have replaced the 'start length' slider with one for overall size which hopefully makes it a little easier to use. Also cleaned up a bug that could cause a crash (a silly typo error!), so recommend that you update to the new version.

I used it to make the sun in the first one! (inspired by YM)

http://i.imgur.com/CWEOrj8.png http://i.imgur.com/pZgx2W9.png

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 1 month later...