BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v4.0+ Updated February 5, 2015

BoltBait    1,226

Here are some screenshots of the new plugins:

HueSatPlusUI.png

FillFromUI.png

VignettePlusUI.png

Remove Dust can delete white specks or black specks:

RemoveDustUI.png

Run it ONCE at the highest scan resolution before scaling your image down.

I don't recommend running Remove Dust more than once. Your picture loses quality each time the plugin is run. After the second time, it really starts getting noticeable.

GridCheckerboardUI.png

HSVGradientEffectUI.png

Floyd-Steinberg Dithering Examples:

Me.png

ObjectInnerShadowUI.png

SelectionShadowUI.png

• Upvote 5

Markh5682    1

Hi, I am a total newbie to paint.net (but not to other graphics programs) I have downloaded the above plugin pack and installed them into the effects folder exactly as instructed in the how to install plugins tutorial, I have unblocked them all in properties, but none of them are showing when I open paint.net, I did install another plugin with no problems and that works fine, I have version V3.5.11 installed on an XP sp3 machine, anyone know where I may have gone wrong or know of a fix?

Thanks, Mark.

EDIT: I have just seen that these are for V4, so that is where my problem lies, anyone know if these can be made to work on V3 or if older versions of these plugins are still available?

Thanks again, Mark.

Edited by Markh5682
  • Upvote 1

BoltBait    1,226

I have just seen that these are for V4, so that is where my problem lies, anyone know if these can be made to work on V3 or if older versions of these plugins are still available?

An older version of my plugin pack can be downloaded here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/8318-

That should pretty much give you the same capabilities if you have Paint.NET 3.5.11.

But, if you have Paint.NET 4.0, be sure to install the plugin pack listed in the first post of this thread instead. They have subtle changes, bug fixes, and enhancements that will work better in Paint.NET 4.0.

Markh5682    1

But, if you have Paint.NET 4.0, be sure to install the plugin pack listed in the first post of this thread instead. They have subtle changes and enhancements that will work better in Paint.NET 4.0.

I have windows XP installed, I don't think that V4 will work on that, Thanks for the other links, I'll go and download them now.

EDIT: have installed them all OK thanks, they look good, should be able to make good use of them.

Edited by Markh5682

BoltBait    1,226

I have updated the two "Fill From" plugins in the pack.

You can download them here on this thread by downloading the entire BoltBait Plugin Pack...

or

You can see what's different and get just the two new files here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28556-

EDIT:

I have also added Hue / Saturation Plus to the pack.

More info here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28613-

BoltBait    1,226

All plugins in my pack were updated today in anticipation of the 4.0 release.

Mostly cosmetic changes. But, there are a couple of bug fixes and enhancements in there too.

Grab 'em while they're hot!

• Upvote 1

BoltBait    1,226

Conditional Hue/Saturation Adjustment has been updated.

I added a condition to select gray pixels along with those selected via hue and saturation.

Gray pixels can not be hue adjusted or saturation adjusted, only lightness. Very handy though.

BoltBait    1,226

Just fixed a bug in the "Fill > From File" plugin and the "Fill > From Clipboard" plugin.

EDIT:

Just added Grid / Checkerboard. A really old plugin of mine that I just updated for Paint.NET 4.0.

DrewDale    648

Top update. Thanks kindly BB.  B)

For the record my faves are - Sharpen Landscape / Remove Dust / Combined Adjustments / All of the Selection plugins. But then again I use all of the others in your pack too.

• Upvote 1

tleilani    0

I am working in Windows 8 - I followed the download and installation instructions carefully and restarted Paint.net - the BoltBait plugins that I put in the file are not showing up in my program...what do I do next?

BoltBait    1,226

I am working in Windows 8 - I followed the download and installation instructions carefully and restarted Paint.net - the BoltBait plugins that I put in the file are not showing up in my program...what do I do next?

I'm not really sure. But, there have been several reports of all plugins not working on Win8. So, when I find a solution I'll update my instructions.

I have Win8 on one of my computers and it is working fine there. I just need to find a machine where it isn't working so I can figure out what the difference is.

Sorry, but this problem is a lot bigger than just my plugin pack.

midora    201

Do they show up in Settings->Plugin errors? If yes then click one and copy the error message in the box below.

BoltBait    1,226
Plugin Hue/Saturation+ updated. I added an Alpha Adjustment slider for the selected pixels.

ReMake    404

Whether you can give to me source code of CodeLab 1.8. I want to translate it into Russian for myself and those users who still use a PDN 3.5.11

eac    0

I'm on Win 8.1 (was on 8.0) and everything is (and was) OK with these plugins.

Great plugins, btw :)

graspee    0

Thanks for the plugins. I especially love the outline makers and the checkerboard renderer. The checkerboard is useful to quickly make a background layer for creating fonts and sprite sheets and the outline is great to outline sprites.

It would be great if the outline object had a no anti-alias option like the outline selection although it doesn't seem to antialias at full strength with border size 1 so it's fine for my purposes. It would be nice if there was an option to do a less inclusive outline though. What I mean is to only draw an outline pixel where it has a neighbouring non-transparent pixel in the four cardinal directions

To illustrate this: http://i.imgur.com/xDO5ZhL.png

Left is with your plugin, on the right is the new version I described which would be cool to have as an option.