How to Install Plugins ×

Helix - new 15th May 2014

Red ochre

Wow.  Just WOW.  This looks awesome.  You've done yourself proud Red - this is a beautiful addition to Slinky.

:star: :star: :star:

dwarves

:lol:

• Upvote 2

Class plugin with a lot of possibilities Red. Good examples from you too.  Cheers. B)  Nice work Mottoman.  :beer:

helix_zps73bb0dd9.png

• Upvote 5

BREtKQW.png

Thanks Cc4FH.
Mottoman and Drew - good results, many thanks for posting them. :star:

(sorry Drew out of reps today).
Hi TR, thanks for the positive feedback - I wanted a starting point for making spiral staircases but got carried away abusing the GDI+! - some of the more exotic twisty things are just 'happy accidents' from experimentation.
Thanks all for your support. :)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Many thanks for your hard work.  :pizza:  :mtdew:

bwk96yx2.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

A really neat plugin. Thanks also for your hard work too Red :)

Duplicated the layer x3, Rotate/zoom bottom layer, curves plus on middle layer, then an ellipse with Gaussian blur / opacity lowered for the shadow.

Object_zps014878c8.png

Below are the settings for the shape :)

Settings_zps01fa099b.png

• Upvote 5

swIFX9v.png

To Echo EER - WOW!  This is really awesome Red. What a star  :star: I can see a lot of fun with this :)

Here is a quick one. Kites perhaps :D

Something_zps77dc79e6.png

Very nice examples from all on here. Well done. Deserved reps to you all.  :)

• Upvote 3

ZXCBOoZ.png

I also love your plugins Red.    :D      I agree with TR,lots of fun.   :)

Here's one with Helix with some Fur Blur and Cobweb. I might be on to something when I made the stars out of some noise and Cobweb in small sizes,hmmm.  I have to experiment with that one. 

248-b_zps6308cf93.png

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 4

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Nice results everyone. Thanks Red for the plugin. :)

I've been toying around with the plugin a bit too. It made me think of sound frequencies, so I bet there's a rhythm to be found with it! Haha. :music: :music: :music: :music:

FeelTheSoundPNG700_zps0c7d74b0.png

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 3

Thanks TR - good to see you playing with the plugins - Thank you for all the time you put in, creating plugins and behind the scenes stuff. Nice image btw - I see some Klumpnoiz! B)

Nice one skullbonz - a colour explosion on a distant planet! - thanks for posting the image. ;)

Cc4FH - I like it - good use of the plugin - besides the musical theme, the slight blur/glow gives the impression of a C.R.T. oscilliscope/heart monitor too - I can feel the beat man! :music: :D

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Okay... I am new to PDN. This plug in was recommended to me as a possibility for creating a DNA helix. I got it installed. I pull it up... and I don't understand ANY of it. I don't know what the controls do. I looked at the thread, and there's some great stuff that can be done with it, but... how? What do each of the controls DO?

Hi Marilynx,
The best way to learn what a plugin's controls do is just to play with them! You won't break anything (I hope) and if you want to set them back to default click the little reset arrow at the end of the slider.

I recommend running it on a new layer as this make it easier to manipulate later in your image.
The two square boxes (double vector controls) affect the start and end positions, all the rest of the controls have names which describe what they do.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Marilynx,

The best way to learn what a plugin's controls do is just to play with them! You won't break anything (I hope) and if you want to set them back to default click the little reset arrow at the end of the slider.

I recommend running it on a new layer as this make it easier to manipulate later in your image.

The two square boxes (double vector controls) affect the start and end positions, all the rest of the controls have names which describe what they do.

Well, I have played with it, and since I'm looking for a specific effect, like a base pattern for a nice twist of DNA, preferably made of tiny, irregular pearls, it's getting a little frustrating that I can't figure out how to which control does what.

Now, I grant you that I am probably being extremely impatient, since, just about now, I've been using PDN for a whole whopping month.

However, your last sentence about the double vector controls just explained something which I did not know and had not figured out. So, I'll go back to tinkering.

• 9 months later...

Plugin threads are like vampires: they live forever.

11) Don't reply to very old threads. Also known as "reviving" or "resusitating" old/dead threads. Also called "necroposting" (eww). If there has been no discussion in a thread for, say, 3 months ... then it is dead. Do not reply to it -- pretend like it is locked. If you reply to it, then the thread will be immediately locked and your post may be deleted. Please just create a new thread if you have something to say about that subject. However, this rule does not apply to The Overflow, Tutorials, Pictorium, or Plugins sections of the forum.

:lol:

I was referring to this locked thread http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/110340-requested-shapes/#comment-522403

a loop-de-loop type shape a plane makes, like the diagrammatic image of a coil _0_0_0_

It wasn't locked when I started my reply but was when I tried to post - so decided to put the image here - in the realm of the undead!;)

PdnForumSig2.jpg