How do you add very large text to a 13780x20669pixel photo?

I am very new to this type of program, and all I want to do is add text to my high res photo.
I did add text to it, but cannot seem to get it large enough. If I set the font size to over 1600, my word disappears.

I need a step-by-step-hold-my-hand set of instructions on how to do this since I have never in my life used a program like this.

I have already tried simple online programs but since my photo is such high res, they will not let me upload it. I need it to stay this size because i want to print it out as a poster.

Thank-you for your time.

Edited by KTSimplicity

Hi KT,  welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if Paint.NET has a limit to the size of the font you can use.  I wonder it the text is simply extending off the screen at that size?  Does the cursor keep flashing for example?

I'm not sure, I have moved it around a bit but nothing more seems to show. Yes, the cursor continues to flash.

The first word I'm putting on starts with a B and when I make it a very large size font, all that shows is a line.
Is there maybe a text box or something that needs to be made larger somehow?

Edited by KTSimplicity

I have not. I know they ask that you use the updated version, but it said it was in beta so I felt uneasy of downloading that version. 

And now after downloading that version, it works just fine.

Terribly sorry to waste your time. I realize the rules say to have the latest version, but I felt uneasy using the beta version.

So does this version have unlimited size for font then? It looks like it won't let me go over 2000.

Edited by KTSimplicity

The maximum size for text in PDN 3.5.11 and 4 seems to be 2000 and must be entered manually.

66DZLYO.png

Over this value input box turns red.

For large images the solution seems to be writing text and then stretching it.