Spectre's Gallery (Entry added May 24th 2014)

Spectre

About me and my gallery

I've been using Paint.NET recreationally since around early 2012. Although sometimes I feel that graphic arts could of been my real calling in life, not unlike many people I struggled to find my way as a teen. That being said, I've rekindled a passion for art (most notably computer graphics) since discovering Paint.NET.

Now, I would like to share part of that passion with fellow PDN users and hopefully receive:

• General comments (do you like, do you hate, is it just meh...)
  • Constructive criticism (what could done better, what could enhance or improve the image) and
  • Artistic input (plugins and tools aside, any comments dealing with the actually artistry

You'll find that I'm a very open-minded person and will surely take into account any form of feedback offered. Also, I'm not a horrible critic myself, so if you'd like me to return the favor just mention it and consider it done. B)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1- TITLE) Overloaded added Apr 02 2014

• Original source HERE
  • CATEGORY: Games

5e691a90-d0d3-4b79-a15e-1922296576e3.png

#2- TITLE) Evolution added Apr 02 2014

• Original source HERE

1d88232e-c377-4aeb-b8ab-3049b8e224a7.png

#3- TITLE) Planes of existence added Apr 05 2014

• Original source HERE

BioshockProject.png

#4- TITLE) The One added Apr 15 2014

• Original source HERE
  • CATEGORY: Film

(Click on image for full size)

03641cd7-0d70-463c-bc0d-9f73a2aea6be.png

#4- TITLE) The Hunter and the Hunted added Apr 20 2014

• Original source HERE
  • CATEGORY: Film

(Click on image for full size)

1ef174a0-631c-4246-8346-2ce323bd6622.png

#4- TITLE) Road to the Cup added May 24 2014

• Original source HERE
  • CATEGORY: Sports

Habs.png

Thank you for viewing and hope you enjoyed

Edited by Spectre
  • Upvote 1

SigSpec2.png

Lovely start to your gallery Spectre! I esp. like the composition in the first one. Looking forward to seeing more from you :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you kindly barbieq.

I may not have the skills and tenacity that others have shown with fabulous homemade creations but I try

to put as much though and know-how as possible into all of my renditions.

Again, thank you for glancing at my humble offerings and sharing some words encouragement. I will be

most likely be posting one (or two) more images in the next couple of days. Cheers mate B)

SigSpec2.png

Looks pretty good my guy.Real good.Keep it up.Im pretty new here as well.Stick to whatever you are comfy with at first.I myself am just now starting to get away from so much sci fi.Got some works to be posted soon.

Tutorials are your friends.Do many of them.Even if it looks like something you would never use.I've learned so many methods(and a thing or two about art in general)from these tutorials.Many clever users here who love to help.Have fun.

You're very welcome. And lovely outcome. Thank you.  Very very well done pictures. h6mla7uf.gif

BioshockProject.png

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you all sincerely for taking a peek at the fruit of my efforts. Your feedback thus far has been very encouraging and really makes a person/artist feel appreciated and supported so again thank you.

Tutorials are your friends.Do many of them.Even if it looks like something you would never use.... Many clever users here who love to help.

Definitely right about the tutorials as well as the generosity of fellow users. I've gone through quite a few tutorials actually and their range and applications sometimes astound me. When stuck on how to produce a certain look of effect I've rarely been left stranded without an answer. In addition, the vastness of Paint.NET's capabilities truly shines through with the grasp more advanced users show with the complexity and effectiveness of their tutorials.

You're very welcome. And lovely outcome. Thank you.  Very very well done pictures. h6mla7uf.gif

You ma'am are too kind ;)

Nice ideas  ... but don't fall into the trap of adding too much to a piece as it can sometimes dragthe eyes all over the place...

@welsh (and HELEN)

There's now denying that what I've show so far tends to big very "busy" so to speak. Of course, the most difficult challenge is from a creative perspective. Wanting to incorporate certain elements that are crucial to the design and meaning of a piece whilst achieving a proper balance in an image is often a struggle I face.

I imagine in a some way that because my main focus is working from a core piece and then blending in new elements that I sometimes want to do a little to much in order to separate the final result from the original. Which in turn is something that I happen to find ironic since in many regards I've always been a strong advocate of "less is more" haha.

Therefore, duly noted criticism and I would greatly appreciate your input on what I'm working on next.

P.S. If any of you kind folk have an image that you're particularly proud of or one that you would simply like more feedback/comments on then please don't be shy alright

B)

SigSpec2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Added "The Hunter and the Hunted" to the gallery B)

@Helen and barbieq

Thank you both for your comments. I realize that I tend to stick to the same comfort zone when it comes to themes and general presentation. However, it's this type of art that I really enjoy doing and having people share positive feedback such as yourselves makes it all the more enjoyable.

Cheers guys

SigSpec2.png

• 1 month later...

It's been a while but finally added something new =­> The Road To The Cup

P.S. It's either the Chicago Blackhawks or Los Angeles Kings so for the image's sake I went with the Kings.

Cheers guys B)

SigSpec2.png

Very nice. Would this be for football or as you guys from across the pond call it - soccer? 

Thank you Goonfella. Actually neither I'm afraid. It's for the Stanley Cup Playoffs therefore hockey and more in particular the Montreal Canadiens since I hail from Montreal, Canada.

Plus, as is probably the case in other major cites, there's a lot of street graffiti here notably on overpasses, buildings, alleyways and transport containers; thus the idea to give the impression of a spray painted logo. As for the little black dude, it's a caricature of our star player P.K. Subban.

Alpha  Displacement was my biggest friend in this rendition as it allows a better melding of the background's grooves and textures when used with the right steps.

Again, thanks for the comments

Cheers B)

SigSpec2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Go Habs Go.Love it!Many people dont understand that graffiti is an art.In the last few years only it is starting to get respect.Good stuff.