How to Install Plugins ×

Measure Object (Tools Effect)

midora

Plugin which allows the digital image editor "Paint.NET" to take measurements of an object in the active layer. An object is defined by all pixels inside the selection which are not transparent. Because the selection restricts the detection of an object, you may measure different objects in the active layer.

Measured values are

• area, location, width, height, diagonal, and angles of the bounding rectangle.

While the dialog of the effect is open the bounding area of the detected object will be colored in red. The drawing inside of the dialog shows a one bit mask of the detected objected (w/o respecting the aspect ratio). A one bit mask is used because it makes only sense to distinguish between transparent and non-transparent pixels. Transparent pixel means its alpha value is zero.

Download

Find the latest version >>  1330458607_MeasureObject.Effectv1.5.zip

MOD NOTE:   The above Plugin Measure Object is no longer compatible with the latest editions of PDN.  But another Plugin by this author works the same way:

The following example shows which area the plugin detects inside of the selected area:

MeasureObject.Dialog.jpg

Copyright

© 2014 by Martin Osieka, ComSquare AG, Switzerland (www.comsquare.ch)

License

Free for all users to use it as plugin for of the digital image editor Paint.NET.

Installation

Unzip "MeasureObject.Effect vX.X.zip" and copy the following files

• MeasureObject.dll, MeasureObject.dlc
    into the Effects folder of your Paint.NET installation.
    A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects".
  • OptionBasedLibrary vY.Y.dll, OptionBasedLibrary vY.Y.dlc
    into the folder of your Paint.NET installation (not into the Effect folder!).
    A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET".

After a restart of Paint.NET you will find the plugin under Menu->Effects->Object.

Compatibility

Paint.NET 3.5.11 and 4.0Beta

Supported languages

English, Deutsch
You may add your own translation to the .dlc file.

Release History

1.5 (26.3.2014)
- Added top/left and bottom/right coordinate
- Derived from MeasureSelection v1.5

midoras signature.gif

Added link to zipped DLL.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, NSD said:

The link to the Measure Object plugin no longer works.

I've moved your post to the correct area @NSD

Most of @Martin Osieka's Plugin links have stopped working, as he's been AOWL for many years.

If anyone has a copy of this Plugin please post it so that it may be re-posted on the first page.  Many thanks :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

What I assumed is true.
This plugin is no longer working correctly in paint.net 4.2.10.
To verify this, draw a filled circle in a new layer and then run the plugin.
I also checked in paint.net 4.1.6 and in this version the plugin is running correctly.

43 minutes ago, NSD said:

What I assumed is true.
This plugin is no longer working correctly in paint.net 4.2.10.
To verify this, draw a filled circle in a new layer and then run the plugin.
I also checked in paint.net 4.1.6 and in this version the plugin is running correctly.

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work on a transparent layer.  But, if you flatten the object down to the white layer, it then worked.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

50 minutes ago, Pixey said:

But, if you flatten the object down to the white layer, it then worked.

Then the object is the whole layer!

This is not the purpose of this plugin. It must measure the size of the object on a transparent layer.

As I said, it works well in previous versions of paint.net.

2 minutes ago, NSD said:

Then the object is the whole layer!

This is not the purpose of this plugin. It must measure the size of the object on a transparent layer.

As I said, it works well in previous versions of paint.net.

Well, that makes sense.  I've never used it myself before.  So I guess this is no longer compatible for the later versions of Paint.net :(

30b8T8B.gif

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

Well, that makes sense.  I've never used it myself before.  So I guess this is no longer compatible for the later versions of Paint.net :(

Hello @'Pixey

The Measure selection plugin - by  the same author-  works fine for me in 4.10.  Surely worth a look-see.

48 minutes ago, ANONYMISS said:

Hello @'Pixey

The Measure selection plugin - by  the same author-  works fine for me in 4.10.  Surely worth a look-see.

I will take a look, thank you :)

EDIT:  Many thanks @ANONYMISS I have reflected this on the first post :)

30b8T8B.gif

I'm not sure why my Dropbox links are failing. Several of Martin's plugins were already linked via Dropbox. They must have changed something somewhere.

11 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I'm not sure why my Dropbox links are failing. Several of Martin's plugins were already linked via Dropbox. They must have changed something somewhere.

Yes, it seems all of those just got wiped out at the same time.  Perhaps Dropbox did something?

30b8T8B.gif